My God Damn Computer Chair

Soldato
Really, why? Because it looks nice?

The back of it is fabric which is comfortable and most importantly breathable.

The high back and headrest is good, most other chairs are too small i dont really rest my head but shoulder support is good.

Seat is good and wide enough, couple of other chairs i have used are not deep or big enough (and FYI i am not fat or anything).

Good quality and strong build, 10 year guarantee.

For me there also must be a balance with comfort, you cannot be too comfortable, super comfortable chairs are for sleeping/watching TV and stuff.

Man of Honour
The back of it is fabric which is comfortable and most importantly breathable.

The high back and headrest is good, most other chairs are too small i dont really rest my head but shoulder support is good.

Seat is good and wide enough, couple of other chairs i have used are not deep or big enough (and FYI i am not fat or anything).

Good quality and strong build, 10 year guarantee.

For me there also must be a balance with comfort, you cannot be too comfortable, super comfortable chairs are for sleeping/watching TV and stuff.

Im not sure I can understand your last point. Surely you are not suggesting a super comfortable chair is pointless as you will fall asleep and not work effectively? If that is the case you are showing a little bit of a misguided perspective as comfort is fundamental to any good chair.

I have no axe to grind here, it isn't about buyer justification for me as I have a Markus, sorry I should say had, I gave it away this week. Knowing how full of make believe this place often is, here is a lovely picture I took of it sitting at the bottom of my stairs awaiting collection...

IMG_0129_zps205bd140.jpg

So my criticisms of it and comparisons to a quality product such as its replacement right here...

IMG_0114_zps75336222.jpg

...are based on a little more than gut feeling or "I got one so it's ace" which proliferates this place.

Now not everyone can afford £600 chairs and I appreciate there are good office chairs out there for less, but please don't try and tell me a Markus is on the same page as this or even a particularly good design, for it has many problems. I also appreciate that Mr Average 25 year old could sit on a lump of dog crap and find it comfy and causing of zero problems, but that is due to being 25 and, something I said goodbye to 20 odd years back.

Markus is fine, does a job, but please stop trying to position it (for those that do) as anything more than an OK cheap office chair that looks a bit funky. If you struggle with back issues or bum pain the Markus is not a good option because, simply, its not a well designed ergonomic chair, its a cheap chair sold to look nice and give the impression of quality to those who know little better, which is does VERY well.

Soldato
Bought mine from Staples about 4yrs ago - Leather. Still in one piece and haven't had to tighten any bolts. Just needed to use some WD40 for annoying creak/squeak when it tilts back.

Probably cost about £80-£140 (was reduced in sale from £200-ish).

Remember, short-term cheapness is not always the cheapest over any length of time, as you'll end up having to get through 2-3 chairs in the same period as one good one.

Soldato
Got the Markus from Ikea many many years ago, sat many hours in it, feels fine and have always found it rather comfortable.

Seems a bit of snoobery exists in chairs, its a good chair for the money, and is certainly nicer than your standard bog standard typical office chair.

Those that talk about its not good for back and hip problems, get off your fat holes once and a while then and note NO chair will alleviate those problems, in fact your typical sitting position will make them a lot worse.

Man of Honour
Got the Markus from Ikea many many years ago, sat many hours in it, feels fine and have always found it rather comfortable.

Seems a bit of snoobery exists in chairs, its a good chair for the money, and is certainly nicer than your standard bog standard typical office chair.

Those that talk about its not good for back and hip problems, get off your fat holes once and a while then and note NO chair will alleviate those problems, in fact your typical sitting position will make them a lot worse.

It is **** all about snobbery with me, read what I wrote, I bought a bloody Markus. Also, I have no issues with my current chair, I did with the Markus. Your silly simplistic rant shows ignorance, nothing more...

Back
Top Bottom