Loss of a child.

Associate
OP
UPDATE -

Time has flown yet stood still for us! Seems like two mins since this nightmare started yet it feels like a lifetime since i held my little girls hand.

Christmas we knew was going to be very hard this year so we rented a cottage in Conwy for a week from the 23rd, must say it was a lovely time, we had a few visits from family and friends and just coped with Xmas day the best way we could.

Alyssia should be two on the 10th of Feb so thats another tough one, we have been having regular counselling from CRUSE who have been great, so great in fact i have decided to do a triathlon (olympic distance) in aid of their charity in May.

Im going to end on some good news, My wife Adele is pregnant, this came as a total shock to us as it wasn't planned. Not only is she pregnant but we have found out we are to have TWINS! WTF! This has been bitter sweet, especially for Adele as she feels like she is cheating on Alyssia, but she is coming round to the idea! (nothing else she can do i suppose haha). We are 20 weeks pregnant on Monday and we have a scan on Tuesday so hopefully we can find out what if Alyssia is going to have brothers, sisters or one of each! Exciting times, but hard times to come.

Thanks for reading my waffle.

Si

Associate
Twins are awesome, yet also very hard. I suggest you hook up with your local TAMBA branch. We got a lot of support from ours, helped my wife massively.

Not being funny, but parents of multiplies are far more likely to suffer PND (among other things). Add on what you suffered last year - never be afraid to talk to the GP/HV/cruse if it all feels too much.

Associate
OP
Twins are awesome, yet also very hard. I suggest you hook up with your local TAMBA branch. We got a lot of support from ours, helped my wife massively.

Not being funny, but parents of multiplies are far more likely to suffer PND (among other things). Add on what you suffered last year - never be afraid to talk to the GP/HV/cruse if it all feels too much.

Yes we have heard of TAMBA, in fact we are going to join this week.

We have heard about likely hood of PND, and we have been put under a special care midwife team, just because of what happened to Alyssia, this extends a lot further after the twins are here too.

Thanks for all the congratulations etc chaps.

Soldato
Sorry to hear about your loss Wynthorpe, must be awful to go through. It's not nice to loose anybody who means a lot to you, let alone your own child. It's good to hear there is a lot of support out there. Best of luck to you two :) Keep us informed.

Associate
Man, as other have said so sorry for your loss. Also, thanks for posting which must have been so hard in itself - gives us all time for a bit of reflection of whats important in our lives.

Associate
OP
Sorry to hear about your loss Wynthorpe, must be awful to go through. It's not nice to loose anybody who means a lot to you, let alone your own child. It's good to hear there is a lot of support out there. Best of luck to you two :) Keep us informed.

Thank you!

I'll keep you informed of for sure, probably going insane with two to look after and also all the other issues haha.

Soldato
My Lord =(

Really does put my 'problems' into perspective when I read threads like these.

I'm so sorry, I know your probably sick of reading it by now, but I'm not sure what else to say.

I'm glad things are looking up for you now though, I realise it's no consolation, but it's excellent news!

Associate
OP
My Lord =(

Really does put my 'problems' into perspective when I read threads like these.

I'm so sorry, I know your probably sick of reading it by now, but I'm not sure what else to say.

I'm glad things are looking up for you now though, I realise it's no consolation, but it's excellent news!

Not sick of reading anything mate, its something i can now talk about openly without bursting into tears constantly, I think as the Councillor has said "the grief doesn't get smaller, its just you learn to live and grow around it".

Its part of a new journey we are on and we cherish and remember Alyssia daily.

Soldato
Congratulations on the news, I really wish you all the best. So sorry to read of the loss, words are of no comfort. I hope the future brings you great joy.

Soldato
Having a son of the same age I can only imagine what you and your family are going through. Having children changes your whole outlook on life.

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Back
Top Bottom