Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Associate
I tend to get 26-28 per tank! The best I've ever seen on the clock was 44mpg, that was 7 miles after resetting the gauge after a full tank and driving like miss daisy

Soldato
Dreamscience handsets. Talk to me.

Are these a safe second hand buy? I think I've read if they've not been "reset" or something by the previous owner it can be trouble, i.e the owner has to set their car back to standard for the unit to work on another car?

A friend has spotted one with 4 lives left and we were wondering if it was worth buying to run a map each then sell on?

I have a milltek 60mm (I think) flexi, custom centre section 2.25" stainless non resonated, Piper backbox and Mountune CAIS. Would it net me much gain? If there's one thing I'm disappointed in it's theres no real increase in power after 4500rpm really. I did have a Type R before which obviously makes this stand out :)

Soldato
Dreamscience handsets. Talk to me.

Are these a safe second hand buy? I think I've read if they've not been "reset" or something by the previous owner it can be trouble, i.e the owner has to set their car back to standard for the unit to work on another car?

A friend has spotted one with 4 lives left and we were wondering if it was worth buying to run a map each then sell on?

I have a milltek 60mm (I think) flexi, custom centre section 2.25" stainless non resonated, Piper backbox and Mountune CAIS. Would it net me much gain? If there's one thing I'm disappointed in it's theres no real increase in power after 4500rpm really. I did have a Type R before which obviously makes this stand out :)
They are good maps,, I have a Dreamscience map on my car. Personally I'd invest in a 4-1 Manifold first then ask Dreamscience for a one off map. Carl who works there is very helpful and I'm sure he'll sort you out if you ring :)

Associate
I have just heard back from a dealer and Ive been quoted £15,665.00 for an ST-2 in Spirit Blue, with Auto Lights and Wipers and Style pack. Thats to be made in March and to be registered on new 14 plate.

That price seems good but Im not sure I can convince myself to get the 15k loan for this.

Im currently looking at the complete polar opposite car and thinking of an Octavia VRS around 12k

Soldato
I have just heard back from a dealer and Ive been quoted £15,665.00 for an ST-2 in Spirit Blue, with Auto Lights and Wipers and Style pack. Thats to be made in March and to be registered on new 14 plate.

That price seems good but Im not sure I can convince myself to get the 15k loan for this.

Im currently looking at the complete polar opposite car and thinking of an Octavia VRS around 12k

thats £250 cheaper than mine (which is the increased ford desposit i guess). Do it, its surprising how good it is.

Soldato
Cheers Shaun will look into dreamscience some more :)

Lemforder parts such as bottom arms, drop links etc. Good kit? I don't fancy polybushes but looking to get things nice and tight again and the prices are reasonable from ECP, bottom arms of course with bushes and ball joints are 65 quid retail and from what I gather Lemforder make some nice quality parts?

Associate
It's much better with the new filter, but what was happening was if you are rolling over 10mph with clutch down instead of settling around 1k rpm it would drop to 700ish and swing up to 1200ish. Once the speed dropped below 10mph it settled down.

The garage I purchased it from originally said it was the battery(?) but then fitted a refurb throttle body which did a grand total of sweet FA.

I think I'm going to drive her for a bit now there's a new filter and see what that does for the mpg. That and wait for some free funds to get a obd2 Bluetooth gizmo so I can check for faults.

Associate
What you're describing is perfectly normal with the Fiesta ST. Mine does it all the time and I've heard nearly everyone on fordfiestast.co.uk confirm that theirs done it too. We've come to the conclusion that it has something to do with the ECU trying to stop the car stalling/help the car get going or something along those lines.

Don't worry about it and definitely don't be trying to find a problem because their isn't one.

Associate
I got one of those ODB2 gizmo's off ebay for a tenner recently, pretty handy little tool. Shows all your intake temp, MAF, boost, HP, etc.

Gonna do some dyno runs with it on a small stretch of motorway tomorrow :D

Associate
What you're describing is perfectly normal with the Fiesta ST. Mine does it all the time and I've heard nearly everyone on fordfiestast.co.uk confirm that theirs done it too. We've come to the conclusion that it has something to do with the ECU trying to stop the car stalling/help the car get going or something along those lines.

Don't worry about it and definitely don't be trying to find a problem because their isn't one.

I love you! Thanks for the info, mega internet pints coming your way.

Back
Top Bottom