any of you have whippets / lurchers?

Associate
Just looking for some advice from people who have whippets. As may be looking to adopt one in the distant future. Not quite ready yet. (see my other thread if you want details)

I'm used to greyhounds and know about there mad 30 mins then rest for the rest of the day and there temperament.
What I'm after is for all intensives purposes is a whippet (or maybe a lurcher) the same temperament as a greyhound just a bit smaller and a bit more energetic?

Commissario
Friend of mine got a lurcher from a dogs trust, he's fantastic and very well-natured. He did get a muntjack though and likes to chase pretty much everything!

Soldato
I've got a Lurcher who's approximately 4 years old, he came from a rescue shelter so we're unsure of his exact age. Hes got an amazing temperament however it looks like he had been abused in the past so maybe that has something to do with it. Hes got some scars and his front leg had been broken and never set properly. Hes terrified of water and flinches easily if you move quickly.

We also have a Saluki/Greyhound cross who's about 16 weeks old and a right little sod, he got very sick after we got him but hes recovered well.

The puppy is non-stop at the minute, the Lurcher is like a Greyhound, hes happy enough to go out for a decent walk/play for a bit but then rests most of the day.

edit: Picture of the Lurcher, he looks lighter in that picture, hes near enough perfectly black.
cole.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Cheers we only have a 1 greyhound after loosing one earlier this week. :(
We would have another one but are thinking about space really, just it will be easier to fit a greyhound and a whippet or smaller lurcher in the boot of the car for days out then squishing 2 greys in there. And having a 1 year old the smaller dog comes in to thinking.

Out grey is about 6 we got her from retired greyhounds and she is very quite and relaxed.
To be honest would like something similar that is smaller, but maybe would like to come running with me on a lead. Tried it with ours and she does 500yrds if that.

Moss he looks so nice :)

Back
Top Bottom