Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
I had a BMW 130i M-Sport before.
Obviously it's not as quick etc but it's so much more fun. The BMW was a great car but it just wasn't fun I just used to put it in 6th gear and that was that.
This car makes you want to have fun.
It's a full fat non cupped so had the softer suspension. I did test drive the cup one too but didn't think it was too big of an issue wether the one I bought had the cup suspension or not. Since then I've fitted some KW Coilovers (which are amazing) mainly to lower the ride height. (Which is too high cupped or not). I just didn't want to ruin the handling fitting cheapo springs not matched to the dampers.
Compared to other halfs 182 it's more grown up in every way whilst still being as fun if not more even if she won't admit it haha.

Associate
Obviously it's not as quick etc but it's so much more fun. The BMW was a great car but it just wasn't fun I just used to put it in 6th gear and that was that.
This car makes you want to have fun.
It's a full fat non cupped so had the softer suspension. I did test drive the cup one too but didn't think it was too big of an issue wether the one I bought had the cup suspension or not. Since then I've fitted some KW Coilovers (which are amazing) mainly to lower the ride height. (Which is too high cupped or not). I just didn't want to ruin the handling fitting cheapo springs not matched to the dampers.
Compared to other halfs 182 it's more grown up in every way whilst still being as fun if not more even if she won't admit it haha.

Ive got a Focus ST atm and was such a step up from my previous 1.2 corsa. I did consider the Clio 200 before i bought the ST. Not sure if I ever went from a Focus ST to a clio 200, that it would be a step down/side ways.

Saying that, would have said the same going from the 130i to the Clio would have been a step down but you seem to be more than happy you made the change. Enjoy it, looks awesome :)

Man of Honour

Nothing is 'fun' if you 'just put it in 6th gear and that was that'. The 130i is very much a fun car, it's a 260bhp short wheelbase RWD hatch. If you just sit in 6th gear of course its dull, I'm sure the Clio is fairly boring if you did that as well :confused:

Soldato
[TW]Fox;25680511 said:
Nothing is 'fun' if you 'just put it in 6th gear and that was that'. The 130i is very much a fun car, it's a 260bhp short wheelbase RWD hatch. If you just sit in 6th gear of course its dull, I'm sure the Clio is fairly boring if you did that as well :confused:

I think he meant that it wasnt fun so he just put in it in 6th and that was that.

Associate
Well I found it boring as I just put it in a high gear and rode the torque. Not that the engine didn't like being rev'd I just found the car didn't make me feel like driving it like that. Maybe I just got bored with the car who knows.
Clio feels far more fun, the engine needs you to rev it as it hasn't got the low down torque. I also got dragged into the OCUK must have a BMW and RWD trap. I just find FWD more fun on the road.

Associate
Probably not to everyone's taste but oh well :p

d9kw.jpg

Picked it up earlier this week, lovely burbly v8 :)

Sorry for the tiny pic it's the one from the advert as I haven't gotten round to taking any of my own yet.

Soldato
Maybe fox can help here, or someone else. I've got an Audi A5 its a 09 and for a while I've been wanting a bit brighter whiter lights on it. They're xenon so I was just wondering what bulbs etc I need to do this and whether I personally can do it or shall I just leave it be? Or am I talking a load of ****

Thanks

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Light output peaks around 6-8k, after that it starts to be worse. This is my understanding of HID/Xenon anyway.

No, light outpeak peaks at around 4300k, higher temperature will deliver less light to the road but look more bling. Guess it depends what you think lights are for...

Soldato
I did indeed, I absolutely adore the car. It's only a 2.5 and yes it is a tiptronic but with most my driving around town and the occasional motorway blast it's enough.

I was never on boost with the Subaru and although fun it just seemed pointless.

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;25682028 said:
No, light outpeak peaks at around 4300k, higher temperature will deliver less light to the road but look more bling. Guess it depends what you think lights are for...

5000k can provide better contrast.

Back
Top Bottom