Dell U2414H brightness

Associate
Hey guys,

I purchased 4 of the new Dell 2414H monitors for work recently and I am finding them a bit of a disappointment. We have 8 Dell U2412M monitors as well which have been fantastic, with great brightness and colour control. However, the U2412M seems to have been replaced by the 2414H which led me to think that they would be even better (minus the fact that the resolution is slightly lower given the different ratio). I am finding that the the brightness is not nearly as good (even when brightness and contrast are set to 100) and the colours do not feel as vibrant. I have tried both HDMI->HDMI and HDMI->DVI but not the display ports.

Cheers

Soldato
Hmm... If you check my review (see site in signature) you'll see that I had issues with both DP and HDMI on an Nvidia GPU. I am not experienced at all with Intel graphics but suspect that the monitor is being sent the wrong colour signal by the graphics chip. It explains the washed out look very well.

As for a remedy hopefully somebody with more experience of Intel Integrated Graphics can post a more detailed guide on doing this, but you need to go into your graphics driver and set a custom resolution for 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz using the timing standard CVT-RB.

Back
Top Bottom