Who here owns a Renaultsport?

Associate
Yeah Henk is sound and will get back to you just bare in mind the timezone difference as I would often get replies from him at 6am. He used to be a paid trader on cliosport.net. I can't really tell any difference and I havent had a chance to get before/after RR's done on the same set of rollers since. The best I have is from 2 seperate RR's:

Powerstation @ Tewkesbury had my car at 262hp and 263ft-lb. Dynodaze @ Hinckley has my car at 278hp and 308ft-lb after the map.

But in terms of driving I havent noticed any real difference.

Associate
Yeah thats my Megane 250 Cup.

Before map (Powerstation):
250cup.jpg

After map (Dynodaze):
mlr8.jpg

Like i said though, different RR's so the results are irrelevant really.

Soldato
I was expecting closer to 300bhp tbh. I think I might just reset my car and leave it at standard for the rest of the year and trade it in towards an Evo or focus RS.

Thanks for the info, it's been very helpful!

Associate
I dont think any of the remote DIY units hit the 300 mark and from what I've seen you have to take a trip to Paul @ RSTuning if you want to reliably hit that figure. At least you also get before and after results to prove it too :)

Soldato
So I've been away from forums for a few months, and realised that I haven't put any updates in here for a while.

September/October I had all the suspension on mine replaced (60K & 9years old it was feeling a bit tired). Dampers, wishbones, rack bushes, top mounts, track rods and track rod ends, ARB Bushes.

Also I'd never been a massive fan of the brakes. Could have gone for uprated discs and pads, but thought I'd go the whole hog… Brembo 4pots & 300mm AP discs.

Then in December it failed its MOT :(. After having an advisory every year since time began, the exhaust was finally too rusty. Think I must have been the only 182 owner still with the original exhaust! Got the Scorpion RS192 as it's identical volume when driving the car (and only slightly louder on idle) - I know everyone on CS.net raves about the Yozza etc, but I didn't want anything ridiculously loud.

Associate
Getting organised for a suspension and steering refresh.

Sticking with the current springs, but new shocks all round.

Ball joints, TREs and Inners, steering rack bushes.

Should hopefully feel miles better when it's done.might get some camber bolts too, as I'm noticing more wear on the outer edges of the tyres from hard cornering I think. Whoops

Soldato
*Sigh* Seem to be getting more problems with my 1.2 clio lately for some reason, this time its to do with the EML.

Coming home from work yesturday, it came on, restricted performance, quick turn off of the engine and back on, everything fine, same thing this morn.

I will admit, last year I had the problem but it was a continous problem that would happen every 5 mins or less of driving, and that was fixed by removing the little metal box thing on the ECU.

So i'm hoping its not an ECU you prob as its not a frequent, but still early days, only way i'm gonna know really I guess is if I can get it on a Diag machine.

bad enough its booked in thursday for a new clutch and cambelt, I'm now rather nervous about putting it through just to find the ECU is on its way out :(

been a great little car for the last 4 years i've owned it.

Associate
the ECU wont be out, the EML is so generic It could be any number of electrical sensors/issues that are throwing a strop.

If the car is going into the garage anyway just ask them to connect it to a diagnostic machine and read the error codes. That will give you an indication of what is faulty.

Get them to clear them too so if they pop back up again you know which the repeat offenders are as some of them could be historical.

Soldato
Just to further on from my previous post, just went out for lunch, drove for a good 15 mins, car warmed up, before i turned off the ignition I noticed the car was rough idling between 1100-1250rpm, thought here we go, so I turned off, got my lunch came back, engine on, runnning perfectly fine.

What we reckon?

Back
Top Bottom