*** Show us your bikes! ***

Soldato
Which one was it if you dont mind me asking? Seems to be a theme indeed with them :(

I won't name them as they eventually sorted it out, the sales side is good and also the director but the service side boss is a weasel.

I am on the other end of the M8 ;)

Associate
jcz1.jpg

Just arrived :D off the back of a Ute-style pickup, which was a bit unexpected and somewhat dicey getting it down... Starting to look like a dealer's outside my house too.

Well it's not raining so i'm off out :p

Edit: As soon as I turned the key in the bike it began hailing so hard car alarms started going off, think I jinxed myself...

Last edited:
Soldato
IMG_1911.JPG

My Varadero 125, my first bike everyone seemed to be recommending this bike, was after an XR but i test drove a vara and wanted one ever since. spent way over my budget as all the private listed varas would be gone before i got to them. so got this one at a dealers. will prolly be keeping this bike after i get my full licence.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/y.a.k.a/varadero/IMG_1911.JPG[/IMG]

My Varadero 125, my first bike everyone seemed to be recommending this bike, was after an XR but i test drove a vara and wanted one ever since. spent way over my budget as all the private listed varas would be gone before i got to them. so got this one at a dealers. will prolly be keeping this bike after i get my full licence.

It is a great bike, nice looking and I bet it's very comfortable?
Did you buy it new?

Soldato
i wish, i went WAY over my budget buying it i had £1500 in mind to spend with a bit more inc helmets clothing etc but i spent £2600 on the bike alone:eek: its a 2008 one pristine condition tho and just 8k on the clock. and yes much more comfy than an XR. personally think they look ace in silver but at the time this was all there was that didnt have any rust.

my one and only gripe is the mirrors, i tinker with them constanly but just cant get them "right" if you know what i mean. im a big lad (22st) and just see my elbows most of the time

IC3

IC3

Soldato
i wish, i went WAY over my budget buying it i had £1500 in mind to spend with a bit more inc helmets clothing etc but i spent £2600 on the bike alone:eek: its a 2008 one pristine condition tho and just 8k on the clock. and yes much more comfy than an XR. personally think they look ace in silver but at the time this was all there was that didnt have any rust.

my one and only gripe is the mirrors, i tinker with them constanly but just cant get them "right" if you know what i mean. im a big lad (22st) and just see my elbows most of the time

That was a crazy purchase, 2,6k on a 125cc is quite a bit. You could get a more powerful bike in a good shape as well. The silver does look nice, but the grey/gun metal colour is also nice. You said something that even, if you move to another bike you'll keep varadero. What bike are you planing after this beauty? :D

Soldato

Luckily Varaderos seems to hold their value pretty well so you'll at least be able to get £1500 back for that when you trade it in for a bigger bike. (as long as you look after it!)

With regards to the mirrors, you're going to have that issue if you're a big lad on a relatively small bike. Aim for that bigger bike as soon as possible! :)

Soldato
You said something that even, if you move to another bike you'll keep varadero. What bike are you planing after this beauty? :D

yep its crazy price, but i waiting to get some time on a bike till next summer when i try for a full license, and i said that i will prolly keep this bike after i get my full license . no way can i afford to keep 2 bikes at the same time sadly:/ i know a few people who have commuter bike and weekend/summer bike but i am not lucky enough to be in that club

Associate
That was a crazy purchase, 2,6k on a 125cc is quite a bit.

Luckily Varaderos seems to hold their value pretty well so you'll at least be able to get £1500 back for that when you trade it in for a bigger bike. (as long as you look after it!))

Baby Varas are pricey, there's no way around it as they don't sell them here any more. £1500 is the book price for that age, might get as much as £2k out of a dealer and a little more privately if it's in good nick. (I'm in the process of selling myself, and that was my experience so far.)

Wouldn't count on keeping it too long though, your test will show you what a 600cc+ bike is like and you'll realise that 14hp really isn't that much! Should fetch more than enough to trade for an older bike of your choice, it's just whether you can afford the insurance...

Oh, and I just learnt to tuck my elbow in when I wanted to see behind me :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Wouldn't count on keeping it too long though, your test will show you what a 600cc+ bike is like and you'll realise that 14hp really isn't that much! Should fetch more than enough to trade for an older bike of your choice, it's just whether you can afford the insurance...

Oh, and I just learnt to tuck my elbow in when I wanted to see behind me :p

ive noticed the diff already when riding with my instructor, and with a couple of other guys. just not really looked at any bikes, get my test done, keep this for a bit and move up if and when i can afford to

tucking in elbows ain't much help when yer a fatty like me:p

Back
Top Bottom