Royal Mail 2nd Class

Associate
Hello.

I recently bought a motherboard of a well known forum member (done many sales on here) and he sent it second class. Its been 8 days now and its still not arrived. He has agreed to give me the money which is fair enough.

Has anyone else had second class deliveries take longer than 8 days to arrive using Royal Mail (purchased within the UK)?

Soldato
Over the last few months, I've had a number of first class parcels take a week+ to be delivered. I wouldn't assume it's gone missing due to the time it's taking, as mine all turned up eventually.

Soldato
From my own personal experience, it is completely pot luck as to when things will turn up via Royal Mail. It says 2-3 working days (which includes Sat) so 8 isn't looking to good (even if you include 2 Sundays that is still 6 days). :(

Soldato
From my own personal experience, it is completely pot luck as to when things will turn up via Royal Mail. It says 2-3 working days (which includes Sat) so 8 isn't looking to good (even if you include 2 Sundays that is still 6 days). :(

As per my post, it's not unusual for it to happen, additionally, they won't even entertain the possibility of something being missing until 14 days have passed after the latest day it was supposed to arrive.

Soldato
i once had a CD take 2 weeks from an amazon marketplace seller. that's assuming they posted it on the same day i got email notification that it had been despatched. other than that, i've been very lucky with first and second class post.

Soldato
i once had a CD take 2 weeks from an amazon marketplace seller. that's assuming they posted it on the same day i got email notification that it had been despatched. other than that, i've been very lucky with first and second class post.

some sellers on bay mark it as dispatched the same day as order is placed and then actually post it whenever there's their agreed collection day, which might be 2-3 days later.

but most high volume sellers have collections every day, so dispatch notifications are pretty accurate.

Soldato
My experience 1st class is usually very fast and 2nd class can be anything from 2 to about 7 days, sometimes not turn up not worth the small saving over first class, after bad experiences I always post stuff first class recorded or special delivery if it is expensive. Give it a few more days and ask for a refund.

Associate
A friend of mine has been having royal mail issues with first class recorded. Shes having to send things a couple of times or its taking over a week to arrive. Considering shes is trying to run a business, she isn't very impressed.

Soldato
I find that first class is actually faster than it used to be, usually next day or 2 days. Second class is pointless for 30p less.

Back
Top Bottom