Lifting for gainzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
Assuming for a moment that it is what you meant, are you seriously suggesting that it's ridiculous that I didn't instantly know exactly what you meant? I did query you on it, which you refused to respond to, so what do you expect?

That aside, the fact that you're insisting that I'm a liar is just petty, as I've already stated, for my size and weight, my lifts aren't massive anyway.

I mentioned all my lifting time in one of my first posts, then you wonder why I'm suggesting that you're bitter, because you so quickly want to pull out the "you're a liar" card and then go adhominem on me? As I've said before, I'm surprised someone with gyno is so happy and quick to start with the "herp derp, lardy fatty" nonsense.

Why isn't this area moderated for personal attacks? I got suspended for a week for telling hurf durf to stop with the embarrassing stand and bang stuff, which was labeled as a personal attack.

Soldato
This thread is amazing, LOL @ the idea of people being jealous of someone built like dr robotnik.

Because, you awful man, I can imagine a fat man having a strong squat. You have to carry a lot of lard around, you'll naturally have stronger legs than a twiglet man. I would expect this to carry over to deadlifts to a lesser degree as well.

But to get a 170kg bench, and claim you haven't lifted long, is simply rubbish :) being fat doesn't gain you any natural benefit when it comes to your torsos pushing muscles. So either you work in a big gay lumber mill lifting heavy equipment and slapping your pal-and-nothing-more Alejandro on the ass, or you're a big fibber and trying to impress people with your whole "what 170? But that's what I warm up on".

^^ Post of the year, no question.

Thread makes me sad I no longer have the time to sit and read the mad ramblings of mental patients on internet message boards :(.

Soldato
OP
Oh lawd. I didn't call anyone jealous, so do stop repeating like I actually have. Even more ad-hom as well, you're pathetic, and you've clearly not read the whole thread else you'd realise that you're claiming I said things that I didn't.

What the hell do moderators do around here lately?

Soldato
You keep saying your strength for your size isn't that impressive, therefore the amount of time you've trained for is irrelevant. I really don't see how it is; eating thirty family bags of cheesy Doritos will make you big but not strong. Eating 30 family sized steaks A day will make you big but not strong. Eating either of those while training inconsistently for 6 months will make you big but not strong.

And as I said before, no amount of being big gives you ridiculously strong triceps, delts and pecs, unless you've walked everyone on your hands for the last few years. I simply refuse that anyone who has never taken training seriously or trained for very long would be able to bench 100kg, yet alone 170kg.

People saying you're naturally strong I'm sure are just entertaining you. Sure you may have been blessed with all the best muscle types, but people don't get strong without moving something heavy for a lot of time; be it lifting a weight down the gym, working down a coal mine for 30 years, or maybe watching every series of Lost back to back.

Soldato
OP
Spoffle please read your posts again, you talk in circles and confuse yoursef and quite frankly its boring now.

Wow. This is impressive but also deeply tedious.

You can't help some people I guess.

Oh look at that! I'm again being blamed for what others do, isn't that great how that works?

I guess it's still my fault that MoNkeE is still herp derping with the "Hurley" digs, too I bet, right?

You keep saying your strength for your size isn't that impressive, therefore the amount of time you've trained for is irrelevant. I really don't see how it is; eating thirty family bags of cheesy Doritos will make you big but not strong. Eating 30 family sized steaks A day will make you big but not strong. Eating either of those while training inconsistently for 6 months will make you big but not strong.

And as I said before, no amount of being big gives you ridiculously strong triceps, delts and pecs, unless you've walked everyone on your hands for the last few years. I simply refuse that anyone who has never taken training seriously or trained for very long would be able to bench 100kg, yet alone 170kg.

People saying you're naturally strong I'm sure are just entertaining you. Sure you may have been blessed with all the best muscle types, but people don't get strong without moving something heavy for a lot of time; be it lifting a weight down the gym, working down a coal mine for 30 years, or maybe watching every series of Lost back to back.

You seem to think everybody is exactly the same and has the exact same starting point. That's a little bit bizarre, like you actually think this?

Do you really not understand that some people just develop differently? Lawdy lawd.

Well I see ignoring it and cracking on with some lifting is going swimmingly.

Not much lifting to be done at the moment as per here; http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=25747280&postcount=130 due to a terrible sleep because of my cold getting worse.

Caporegime
I guess it's still my fault that MoNkeE is still herp derping with the "Hurley" digs, too I bet, right?

I never said that actually, so please stop making presumptions and putting words in peoples mouthes, I don't believe anyone has actually said 'It's your fault Monkee said x y z'.

If you're struggling with sleep, I presume you have tried sleeping aids? Or amending your diet and eating times? Not having caffeine at certain times?

Soldato
OP
I never said that actually, so please stop making presumptions and putting words in peoples mouthes, I don't believe anyone has actually said 'It's your fault Monkee said x y z'.

It's certainly implied, as I keep being moaned at for posting in a certain way, whilst others are ignored.

If you're struggling with sleep, I presume you have tried sleeping aids?

I have tried sominex, it helped a bit, though the main issue is the pattern I'm in and the difficulty in breaking out of it.

Or amending your diet and eating times? Not having caffeine at certain times?

The only thing I knowingly have that has caffeine in would be Lucozade, and I haven't had any for a good few days. I don't drink coffee, tea or anything regularly/on a daily basis that has caffeine in.

I seem to only be able to get to sleep when I'm exhausted, which is making changing my sleeping pattern a bit hopeless.

Caporegime
It's certainly implied, as I keep being moaned at for posting in a certain way, whilst others are ignored.

I have tried sominex, it helped a bit, though the main issue is the pattern I'm in and the difficulty in breaking out of it.

The only thing I knowingly have that has caffeine in would be Lucozade, and I haven't had any for a good few days. I don't drink coffee, tea or anything regularly/on a daily basis that has caffeine in.

I seem to only be able to get to sleep when I'm exhausted, which is making changing my sleeping pattern a bit hopeless.

Implied? Have they written it down? If not, ignore it and stop reading in to it.

Have you tried Taurine at all? I don;t mean red bull either! The only way to ingrain a sleeping pattern is to be making sure you go to bed at night at the same time, otherwise your body won;t know whats going on. Do you read before bed? Watch TV? Doing the washing up? Little things get the mind going or send it to sleep.

Soldato
OP
I've tried taurine for cramps, I've got a bottle of powdered taurine next to my bed. What does it do for sleeping?

I usually watch stuff on my laptop until I'm dropping off then just end up in that same state of tiredness for hours.

Caporegime
Taurine helps with sleep among other things (pre workout for instance) - you may need to play with dosages.

Watching a screen probably won't help with sleep, although I appreciated some people can do this. Try a book.

Man of Honour
Being overweight also won't help your quality of sleep and neither will a poor diet, I sleep much better when my diets good and I'm not in dreamer bulk(fat ****) mode.

Soldato
I usually watch stuff on my laptop until I'm dropping off then just end up in that same state of tiredness for hours.
Turn off all electronics at least an hour before you want to go to sleep, and dim the lights and read a book. The unnatural light from the screen is very detremental to trying to wind down and switch off. This goes for anything similar, ie tablet, phone, tv etc they are all horrible devices to be using when you want to go to sleep.

There is no difficulty in breaking poor patterns of behaviour like this, you just need to commit to it. This is not like giving up smoking or making a step change in diet, this is entirely about organising a very simple routine and sticking to it.

As others have said, a cleaner diet would help if your not already doing it.

Drugs of any kind to assist sleep should be a last ditch resort after you have consistently tried a bedtime routine properly over a resonable (2-3 weeks) period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom