**TODAY ONLY! 31/01/2014** MSI Radeon R9 290 & Asus Radeon R9 290X

OcUK Staff
MSI Radeon R9 290 Gaming Edition 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £329.99 inc VAT

GX-239-MS_400.jpg

AMD Radeon R9 290 is a new graphics card powered by the latest AMD Radeon™ R9 290 graphics-processing unit (GPU). 4GB of super-fast GDDR5 memory for the best gaming experience at the highest resolutions including 4k and incorporates AMD Eyefinity and TrueAudio technologies to enable expansive multi-display setups and more accurate environmental sounds. R9 290 also includes support for both DirectX® 11.2 and AMD's new Mantle application programming interface (API) for great handling of even the most-demanding PC games.

Specification

Radeon R9 290
- Backplate included: Yes
- GPU: Hawaii Pro
- Litecoin Hash Rate: 800-950
- Stream Processors: 2560
- Core Speed: 977MHz
- Memory Speed: 5000Mhz
- Memory interface: 512-Bit
- Memory capacity: 4096MB GDDR5
- Cooling: MSI Twin FrozR Gaming
- PCI-Express X16 lane required
- 600W or greater PSU required
- Power Connectors: 8-pin + 6-pin required
- Display Outputs: 2x Dual Link DVI, 1x HDMI, 1x DisplayPort
- Warranty: 3yr
Features
- DirectX 11.2 Support
- Open GL 4.2 Support
- Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio support
- Crossfire Support upto 4-way: Native software crossfire (No bridge required)
- Gaming @ 4k Resolutions (UltraHD)
- Synergy with next-gen game consoles (Mantle)
- Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture - optimized from previous generation products

Only £329.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

______

Asus Radeon R9 290X DirectCU II OC 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card - Red/Gold @ £499.99 inc VAT

GX-330-AS_400.jpg

The new card benefits from exclusive ASUS GPU Tweak, an easy-to-use tuning tool for instant performance boosts, 4GB of super-fast GDDR5 memory for the best gaming experience at the highest resolutions, and incorporates AMD Eyefinity and TrueAudio technologies to enable expansive multi-display setups and bring in-game audio to life with more accurate environmental sounds.

R9 290X also includes support for both DirectX® 11.2 and AMD's new Mantle application programming interface (API) for great handling of even the most-demanding PC games and includes a free full game - the brilliant Battlefield 4™ from EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment™ (DICE).

The new ASUS R9 290X has a unique advantage in the shape of GPU Tweak, an exclusive ASUS tool that helps users to squeeze every last drop of performance out of the Radeon R9 290X GPU. This includes the ability to control finely GPU and video-memory clock speeds and voltages, cooling-fan speeds and power-consumption thresholds - so overclocking is both made easy and can be carried out with high confidence.

R9 290X is equipped with 4GB of high-speed GDDR5 memory, allowing gamers to push their favorite titles much further by upping in-game visuals to maximum resolutions. The new card also includes AMD Eyefinity technology to broaden the gaming landscape, so gamers can expand the playing field across up to six independent displays, via DisplayPort or DVI.

Specification:-
- GPU: Hawaii XT
- Litecoin Hash Rate: 850-1000
- Stream Processors: 2816
- ROPS: 64
- Core Speed: 1050MHz
- Memory Speed: 5400Mhz
- Memory interface: 512-Bit
- Memory capacity: 4096MB GDDR5
- PCI-Express X16 lane required
- 600W or greater PSU required
- Power Connectors: 8-pin + 6-pin required
- Display Outputs: 2x Dual Link DVI, 1x HDMI, 1x DisplayPort
- Warranty: 3yr

Only £499.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Associate
Nice price on the 290 MSI! Thought i had made my mind up to order a 780 next week when pay day arrived... but now I'm wondering if I should just get a 290...!

OcUK Staff
Nice price on the 290 MSI! Thought i had made my mind up to order a 780 next week when pay day arrived... but now I'm wondering if I should just get a 290...!

Better value for money, similar performance, true audio technology. If Mantle does what it says on the tin then closer to 780Ti performance for half the price nearly.

Now they are finally just as quiet as a 780 too. :)

Associate
Better value for money, similar performance, true audio technology. If Mantle does what it says on the tin then closer to 780Ti performance for half the price nearly.

Now they are finally just as quiet as a 780 too. :)

I currently have a Ref GTX 570 SC which spins up nice and fast / loud! I'm hoping any non-ref GPU will be nice on the ears!

Soldato
Damn you Gibbo £50 drop on the Msi 290 since I bought it, ouch. To everyone else this is a steal at this price, very quiet 29c idle, 73c max running Heaven 4 on extreme settings, hell even the vrms only hit 74c and 61c, great great card. :D

Soldato
Wow great prices Gibbo!

Guys don't forget the mining possibilities on AMD cards, even if you don't mine yourself the resell value on these cards is incredible! Don't get that by going green! ;)

Associate
Has anyone ever seen an EK full-cover waterblock (and backplate) fitted to one of these cards? (290 in particular).
EK's Cooling Configurator lists it as "visual" compatibility.

Chances are I may never get around to fitting a waterblock, but would be nice to know they do fit if required. Can't seem to find any examples on Google. My only concern is with Gibbo's guide saying that MSI have used a custom VRM.

Back
Top Bottom