• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Mantle Feedback/Bugs

Mobster
Soldato
As much as I wouldnt **** on AMD if it was on fire, and while they still have a long way to go, it certainly does look promising - even if there is only slight performance increases its potential far outweighs DX. I expect some bugs and teething when you have just created a new API but what I dont like is was it seems is a half arsed attempt at a driver relase and AMD users as the beta testers, I suppose that happens everywhere though.

Associate
You wrote that a lamp post was missing, and added rolling eyes at the end of your comment.

Implying that Mantle was a fail because of a missing lampost?

Made me chuckle to think that Mantle gives you higher FPS, renders smoother.. This is the first iteration, and your rolling eyes about a lamp post :D

Makes you sound very hard to please imho.

Maybe you weren't saying that, I dunno that but that's what it read like. Let's hope your not that petty..

I actually agreed with your post , and used the missing lamp post as an example of being over critical. I think you skipped a few posts. as I never said mantle was fail and I am very happy with the performance gain so far.
as per my screenshots.so no need for the "petty" remark really.

Man of Honour
Don't go down that road Rroff. At least provide solid evidence if you are.

Pretty hard to provide solid evidence without access to debugging tools especially without the ability to view wireframes, etc. the screenshots do raise some valid questions though as to what is actually going on - even if it does prove to merely be incidental bugs and/or a BF4 problem rather than render API one.

You wrote that a lamp post was missing, and added rolling eyes at the end of your comment.

Implying that Mantle was a fail because of a missing lampost?

Made me chuckle to think that Mantle gives you higher FPS, renders smoother.. This is the first iteration, and your rolling eyes about a lamp post :D

Makes you sound very hard to please imho.

Maybe you weren't saying that, I dunno that but that's what it read like. Let's hope your not that petty..

His comment was in response to my post about his screenshots - I was pointing out that there are some difference in what is being rendered - though I did exclude the lamp post as being a difference between mantle and dx renderers I didn't realise at the time of posting that as much had gone on (ingame action wise) between the 2 screenshots being taken as actually had - which explains some of the differences. (Your misunderstanding his post as much as he misunderstood mine heh).

Soldato
So when it was crashing for me last night when I clicked on options...it was because I had the iGPU enabled in the BIOS. Disabling it got mantle working fine. Don't notice much difference on my 7850 though...other than no sound in the 1st game round.

Soldato
Then explain why I rocking solid 120fps on Ultra?? very little drops and very smooth. Only thing changed I switched of MSAA. But on DirectX my frame rate will be all over the place?

My only issue is the game will randomly crash. Mantle is very well working on my system and if you want I can proof it for you.

We need to see more numbers with the 7970/280x card's but it is likely that upgrading your drivers gave you the boost, not Mantle.

The Mantle option is available and working, whether it is providing a performance boost is debatable until more people test.

It is certainly not boosting my numbers, after the presentation earlier this week, I am not expecting to see gains on rigs with 2011 socketed six core rigs anyway with one or two cards, I am interested to see what it does to my tri-fire numbers though.

Back
Top Bottom