What is your favourite game of all time, and why?

Soldato
If I had to list one, it would be Mass Effect Trilogy.

I have a few that I like a lot such as Skyrim, STALKER Trilogy, and Falcon 4 with BMS 4.32.

Haven't flown Falcon BMS in over 2 years now though.

Associate
Favourite of all time - that is asking a lot - I wouldn't know were to begin tbh but it's cool to read some of the games that have been posted here :)

Associate
Kingpin, great game and so much fun playing it. Graphics were (still are) great for its time/day.

Awsome graphics for its time. Loved the way you could make out the outline of the ladies nips through the tops :D /perv

What I did not like was that I'd got prob 2/3 through it when a patch was released for it. Applied patch and it wiped all of my friggin saved games. I was as sweary as the game for a short while after. :eek:

Associate
Its tough, but probably HL2. It has great gameplay, story, atmosphere, characters and graphics, that still hold-up well. There are some sections that become a chore with replays, but it remains, for me, the perfect FPS.

Associate
TFC for me too, far too many hours over far too many years. Playing for one of the most hated clans in the history of euro TFC certainly had it's up and downs...

Soldato
Has to be Half life (And its mods - especially front line force) - Almost 8 years of my life playing and making maps for it. Good times.

Runners up:

Guild Wars
World of Warcraft
Fallout 3/NV
Skyrim
Vampire Masquerade

Associate
Half Life + All the great mods. Loved the PC gamer CD was like getting 30 new games.

I have to mention Deus Ex, as it was had choosing between this and hl.

Associate
Awsome graphics for its time. Loved the way you could make out the outline of the ladies nips through the tops :D /perv

What I did not like was that I'd got prob 2/3 through it when a patch was released for it. Applied patch and it wiped all of my friggin saved games. I was as sweary as the game for a short while after. :eek:

Sure was lol :). I remember playing it on my "upgraded" K62-333 lol, and thinking blimey. Still waiting for that sequel!

Soldato
Dark Age of Camelot just pips Ultima Online for me.

PVP was fantastic fun
Community had a huge array of people in it, both to love and loath!
Character development was rewarding, nothing was given too easily.
Graphical style was just more gritty than WoW, looks dated these days, hardly a surprise though.
Biggest win though? Sound effects, quite simply the only MMO that ever nailed the sounds to actions properly from the off. Whether firing your bow or blocking a sword, it just always seemed to sound right.

Associate
Half Life deservedly gets a lot of mentions, perfectly summed up by Rezident below.

Half-life.
Because I didn’t even play games until I installed that for my brother and sat transfixed at the screen ‘to make sure it was working’ for the train ride into Black Mesa while my brother said ‘can I have a go?’ for the next while.

At that time, it was an order of magnitude greater than anything else I’d ever seen, it had real atmosphere, amazing action and epic set pieces with new AI but it also had subtlety and pacing, all the stuff we expect now, that games just didn’t have back then, and it was all new, original. I still clearly remember the first time I launched the rocket, the music, ‘We’ve got hostiles’, Dr. Kleiner and co., my crowbar (sorry doc). I remember crawling through a vent when a headcrab jumped out and bit me, I jumped in my seat, it was the first had gotten to that level of immersion for me. It felt real. Even HL2, technically better in ever regard, didn’t feel as original to my senses as the memories of Half-life. Best game ever.

This has reminded me to have a look here

http://www.blackmesasource.com/

Hadn't realised it was out so dl'g now.

Back
Top Bottom