The Ashes 2013-14: Australia v England [21st Nov - 2nd Feb] *** spoilers ***

Soldato
Pietersen's England career has been ended on his behalf after he was left out of the ODI squad for the forthcoming series. He must be absolutely unbearable in the dressing room because this seems like a totally inexplicable decision for a guy who is still among the top England performers.

Soldato
Pietersen's England career has been ended on his behalf after he was left out of the ODI squad for the forthcoming series. He must be absolutely unbearable in the dressing room because this seems like a totally inexplicable decision for a guy who is still among the top England performers.

Well I think it said a lot that he needed to be 'reintegrated' or whatever, into the squad when he messed about a while back.

Soldato
Whilst KP effectively being fired by the ECB is a shock it isn't a surprise, if that makes sense. Whilst he's a fantastic player who can turn a game, I don't think he does it often enough.

What I wonder about this move though, is does this hint at who might, or won't, be the next England coach? Ashley Giles is a contender due to being English and the OD coach. Michael Vaughan says that no-one gets on better with KP than Ashley Giles, so no KP, no Ashley Giles?

Soldato
Are you having a laugh? Do you honestly think there are better options out there at the moment?

The only batsman I'd pick in the team right now ahead of KP would be Bell.
I didn't say there are better players out there did I? We'll suffer for a while without KP. I think the ECB wants a team that gels together more rather than a team with talented players that don't get on. I said that he isn't consistent enough. And if he winds up the rest of the team then he needs to be performing so well he's undroppable.

Caporegime

No huge surprise there in all honesty, it seems to me that hes nothing more than a troublemaker. First it was Peter Moores that couldnt work with him and now it seems like Flower had some issues with him.

As a cricketer he is brilliant at the best of times but i think the problem with KP is his arrogance in that he thinks that he is Englands saviour or something equally as stupid as that. He just strikes me as a person who is way above his station and probably thinks he knows whats best for the England team. I say good riddance to him and about time the ECB took some serious action against him.

Oh and no surprise that utter turd burgular that is Piers Morgan has been hitting out at the ECB and calling Cook a repulsive evil weasel lol.

Soldato
Shocking decision, easily the most talented batsman in the country and an England team without him is automatically weaker and will have the opposition licking their lips. You don't see Australia retiring Warner or Watson for being muppets who are difficult to get on with!

Hope he's top scorer in the county championship this year and tells the selectors where to stick it if they beg him to return after we've suffered a few defeats.

Caporegime
Shocking decision, easily the most talented batsman in the country and an England team without him is automatically weaker and will have the opposition licking their lips. You don't see Australia retiring Warner or Watson for being muppets who are difficult to get on with!

Hope he's top scorer in the county championship this year and tells the selectors where to stick it if they beg him to return after we've suffered a few defeats.

Well actually the Aussies sacked off Andrew Symonds a few yrs back due to his drinking and general bad behaviour.

But even with KP in the side, England looked weak and disjointed...he didnt really do much on the tour down under.

Personally i think England will struggle now like they did before Flower came in and made them the best side in the world at one point. Thats whether KP is playing or not.

Soldato
Well actually the Aussies sacked off Andrew Symonds a few yrs back due to his drinking and general bad behaviour.

But even with KP in the side, England looked weak and disjointed...he didnt really do much on the tour down under.

Personally i think England will struggle now like they did before Flower came in and made them the best side in the world at one point. Thats whether KP is playing or not.

I wasn't aware that KP had been drinking heavily missing team meetings and generally falling off the rails like Symonds? All he appears to be guilty of is being single minded and difficult to get on with which is slightly different?

If he is being sacked for his performance on this tour please explain how Bell and Bairstow will still have international careers? Is he being judged by the same standards as the others or are we judging him differently?

I agree we are in for a period of struggle and rebuilding and one of the few players who could have brightened it up and distracted us from the pain sadly won't be there. Watching KP in full flow could make another England collapse much more bare able!

Soldato
Right decision for me - lengthy rebuilding process ahead and his age works against him - especially if he's disruptive in the dressing room also. You might keep an older head around if he's motivating and working with the youngsters, but KP? he's never going to do that, so he had to move on.

Soldato
Right decision for me - lengthy rebuilding process ahead and his age works against him - especially if he's disruptive in the dressing room also. You might keep an older head around if he's motivating and working with the youngsters, but KP? he's never going to do that, so he had to move on.

He's not motivating he's inspiring!

Your making your test debut comming in at 6 with England in trouble who would you rather see down the other end KP or Bell I mean seriously!

Caporegime
I wasn't aware that KP had been drinking heavily missing team meetings and generally falling off the rails like Symonds? All he appears to be guilty of is being single minded and difficult to get on with which is slightly different?

If he is being sacked for his performance on this tour please explain how Bell and Bairstow will still have international careers? Is he being judged by the same standards as the others or are we judging him differently?

I agree we are in for a period of struggle and rebuilding and one of the few players who could have brightened it up and distracted us from the pain sadly won't be there. Watching KP in full flow could make another England collapse much more bare able!

Who knows what KP got up to??, unless your privy to his behaviour??.

Regardless he comes across as being an arrogant little tit who is way above his station, moreso after his falling out with Peter Moores who was taking over from Fletcher iirc.

Fact is Bell has been Englands best batsman for quite some time now whereas KP hasnt been at his best for awhile now. So judging on performances, Bell should be picked imho whereas KP is only picked due to his past heroics.

Anyhow who knows what really happened down under and what KP got up to, but its telling that his relationship with Flower and Cook had become unbearable...perhaps he was making too many demands and wanted to do things his way rather than do it for the better of the team.

Its a huge loss for England losing him but at the same time its good riddance to bad rubbish.

Soldato
He's not motivating he's inspiring!

Your making your test debut comming in at 6 with England in trouble who would you rather see down the other end KP or Bell I mean seriously!

Yeah, someone who's statistically been superior to KP for quite sometime, someone who plays to the occasion and is taking responsibility vs the polar opposite who's more worried about his own image and trying to be confrontational with everyone in a position of power.

Tough call.

Caporegime
There must be more to this than meets the eye.

Cricinfo offers the interesting observation that the England team have been silent about any disciplinary issues during the tour. This could be because there weren't any, but it seems more likely they wanted to keep any problems completely under wraps.

Which raises questions about what's been happening in the dressing room and what part KP played in it.

Soldato
motivating and working with the youngsters, but KP? he's never going to do that.

Listen to the last cricinfo podcast with George Dobell who was out in Australia covering the series. Said Pietersen was working in the nets with other players 1 on 1 with no other coaches in sight. He says both Anderson and Broad both now bat with his stance as he's been coaching them. Even said he was out drinking with Stuart Broad and they both hated each other not long ago.

Back
Top Bottom