Who here owns a Renaultsport?

Soldato
Little update regarding the cruise.
Tried the sensor from my Gfs car and it still won't work.
Something that may be related though is an intermittent Serv + ESP light coming on. It only seems to happen when I'm driving on a dual carriageway for over a few min at speed.
Doing some reading it appears this could be the steering angle sensor or I'm hoping that its more to do with the fact my steering wheel isn't dead center when driving. It sits in between 5 to 10min past.
From Clio sport forums its been mentioned a few times that this means the car thinks its going to the right but the abs sensors disagree with wheel input and throw the error?
Going to remove the wheel at the weekend and get it central see if that helps.

you need to be looking for the green dot when you take the steering wheel off and the hub off, if its red then thats ya problem

Soldato
Associate
Caporegime
I've done three before. That looks like the right part, but I've always played it safe and got it from Renault.

Renault Wolverhampton is £55 +P&P.

Not sure how Renparts do them so cheap but it does say they are the genuine item...

Renparts I believe will do a discount on 4 and cliosport.net discount too over the phone.

Yeah not sure how it's so cheap, with the claims of them being the orginal parts. Weird.

Hmm, normally I would play it safe but half the price is quite appealing.

Soldato
Hi,

Please can someone shed some light on the following please -

Clio 197 2007 37k miles

What should have been done in regards to history at this age?

What do people do about the steering wheel wear and tear that seems to affect them all?

How much do the brembo brakes cost to maintain?

What is general reliability like? They rev to 8k but can they see 8k day in day out like a Honda?

Thanks

Soldato
Has anyone replaced an injector before?

Wests of cliosport has quoted £66+P%P, but seen these on the bay;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...o|Cars+Type:2.0+16V+Sport&hash=item46170fe9f5

Are they naff, worth paying the extra for the Renault part?

I just did another injector on mine this past weekend.

Do it yourself. Those renparts injectors are fine and come with a lifetime replacement guarantee

All you need is a 10mm socket.

Remove your fuel rail guard (2 bolts, you will need an extended socket to get down inside).

Unclip the fuel line (Squeeze the plastic together and pull hard. DON'T do this whilst staring straight down at it, otherwise you will have petrol face)

Disconnect the injector electrics

Remove the two 10mm bolts holding the fuel rail in

Pull the fuel rail out (You have to pull pretty hard)

The injectors are then just held in with a small bracket. Swap them over and reverse the above process

Job done.

Associate
Renault really a crap for design. How the hell your meant to get at the brackets for the steering rack I'm struggling with. I've for the suspension removed both sides for replacement and I'm still struggling.

In the midst of a suspension and steering refresh, as you can tell steering rack bushes, track rod ends (the rods are in good nick) ball joints. Front and rear shocks and cooksport springs going on ( I had a snapped spring which I wasn't expecting :()

I've also had to replace my Carbone Lorraines on the front as one of the pads has split from the backing material. There was probably only 1500 miles left in them, however with the springs I'm going to just have to replace with Pagid OEM from ECP. Bit disappointed they've split, but they survived 17k miles and a trackday so n bad really, I did a she the brakes.

Caporegime
I just did another injector on mine this past weekend.

Do it yourself. Those renparts injectors are fine and come with a lifetime replacement guarantee

All you need is a 10mm socket.

Remove your fuel rail guard (2 bolts, you will need an extended socket to get down inside).

Unclip the fuel line (Squeeze the plastic together and pull hard. DON'T do this whilst staring straight down at it, otherwise you will have petrol face)

Disconnect the injector electrics

Remove the two 10mm bolts holding the fuel rail in

Pull the fuel rail out (You have to pull pretty hard)

The injectors are then just held in with a small bracket. Swap them over and reverse the above process

Job done.

Cheers!

Done it at the weekend, and yes it's easy except from the fuel rail bolts snapping on me. Need to get some new ones from Renault. And yes you need to pull really hard!!

Soldato
I quite like the 197. I'm looking to get rid of my megane RS and getting something a bit cheaper but still quite quick. It seems the 197s that are within my budget have quite high mileage. I might wait a while and see how the prices are later on in the year.

Associate
I quite like the 197. I'm looking to get rid of my megane RS and getting something a bit cheaper but still quite quick. It seems the 197s that are within my budget have quite high mileage. I might wait a while and see how the prices are later on in the year.

Plus a 197 won't be that much cheaper to run. A 182 will be notably better on fuel.

Soldato
I don't do a lot of long runs so I don't think I would see the benefits of a car with higher MPG as by the time I get to work/home/town it's only just warmed up. I've been looking at some r26's. You seem to be able to get a decent one for around £5-6k.

Soldato
I much preferred my 182 to the 197.

The 197 totally lost that go-kart urgency that the 182 had. I felt like I could throw the 182 anywhere.

MPG in 182 was in 30's while in 197 it was mid to low 20's but that wasn't really a big concern.

Back
Top Bottom