US: Almost Human

Permabanned
I enjoyed every episode so far. Found out that the name for the type of writing that CSI uses is called procedural. I don't mind procedural as long as there is a long running story arc, even if the larger plot takes a back seat to the new case they get each week. It just makes the series flow better and keeps it interesting. Having a new case every week that they always solve by the end of the episode can get a bit predictable.

With the first episode they set up a good opportunity to have a larger plot that i think has gone to waste by messing up the orders to boost ratings. It is clear they have picked episodes that are the strongest and completely skipped episodes that they didn't think would be received well.

Good actors, good budget and good dialogue, just wish they would set up a story arc that runs through multiple episodes. apparently if they get passed the first phase of series 1 they are are going to make it more story based and not mix up the episodes they just trying to get a fan base set up first so they can seal a second series. Speculation from imdb forums.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I would like a story arc also but I think that can also kill a show a bit, many people like to watch and zone out and have it resolved kinda bit like ncis. Or a bit of an arc being hinted or mentioned here and there at least :)

Either way early days lets hope it survives!

Caporegime
I enjoyed every episode so far. Found out that the name for the type of writing that CSI uses is called procedural. I don't mind procedural as long as there is a long running story arc, even if the larger plot takes a back seat to the new case they get each week. It just makes the series flow better and keeps it interesting. Having a new case every week that they always solve by the end of the episode can get a bit predictable.

With the first episode they set up a good opportunity to have a larger plot that i think has gone to waste by messing up the orders to boost ratings. It is clear they have picked episodes that are the strongest and completely skipped episodes that they didn't think would be received well.

Good actors, good budget and good dialogue, just wish they would set up a story arc that runs through multiple episodes. apparently if they get passed the first phase of series 1 they are are going to make it more story based and not mix up the episodes they just trying to get a fan base set up first so they can seal a second series. Speculation from imdb forums.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25494967

You can thank Josh Whedon for perfected that style of writing, which was way before CSI (first episode was aired 17 years ago).

Associate
Is it me or is this terrible ? i cant seem to stay interested in it at all ? does it get better ? (just watched half of episode 3)

I find the stupid mondeos that are supposed to be futuristic ridiculous, the robot guy annoys me and the story lines just leave me feeling empty

Soldato
Its surprising that people find it strange, that in future we will have wonder cars or different models.

In truth, little changes.

Back to the Future Part 2, went the whole hog and got it terribly wrong. In there, they predicted that in 2015, we would have flying cars. As you can see, this has not happened.

The truth is that what is available today, is likely to be available in 30 odd years, albeit, with new futuristic designs. Companies find it difficult to ditch big selling names - branding is VERY expensive. So, if you have a top selling brand name (eg. Mondeo), Ford is likely to stick with it.

The only huge advance in the last 25 odd years, I would say, has been with mobile phones and internet. Everything else is unchanged and is merely a refinement on what we had.

As a rule of thumb: existing technology will advance at a good rate. But new inventions will rarely be taken up by the mass-market.

Soldato
Looks like it is going to be cancelled based on the ratings, it has performed worse then alcatraz and terra nova.

as I said on first page
The biggest issue I have is that it's on Fox which almost guarantees it won't get past 1 season, they have a tendency to kill off the good series :(
And it really doesn't help when they screw up the order :rolleyes:

Soldato
I'm watching some of the latest episodes of this show.
VERY good show.
Thoroughly enjoying the futuristic special fx. I wonder what the budget is for this show?

The only negative is the female (love interest). She does not come over as a cop, at all. She would be more suited to a role in 90210 or some soap opera where everybody is in a relationship with everybody else. She comes over as a total air-head. They have to replace her asap, or completely get rid of her character.

Permabanned
Last episode was quite good, have not watched last nights yet though.

I agree that the female cop is bad casting. She is super hot and has a hot accent/voice, but you can tell when she is speaking that everyone has had to hear that line 100 times because she can't act very well and does not realy pull the roll off at all. The head of department female cop acts very well and plays the part. But the hot one not realy.

...The head of department female cop acts very well and plays the part. But the hot one not realy.

I like Urban and Ealy and think they have good screen presence. The Captain is good and plays her role convincingly (knew her face, only recently realised she was in The Haunting (a somewhat CGI laden remake from 1999).

Overall I am enjoying it so it will probably get cancelled :rolleyes:

Permabanned
The Police chief was also the Headmistress in Kindergarten Cop.

Edit, maybe she wasn't but they must be related :D

Caporegime
1.01 Pilot (#1.01)
1.02 “Skin”- (#1.05)
1.03 “Are You Receiving” – (#1.06)
1.04 “The Bends” – (#1.07)
1.05 “Blood Brothers” – (#1.08)
1.06 “Arrhythmia” – (#1.03)
1.07 “Simon Says” – (#1.10)
1.08 “You Are Here” – (#1.02)
1.09 “Unbound” – (#1.09)
1.10 “Perception” – (#1.04)
1.11 “Disrupt” – (#1.11)
1.12 “Beholder” – (#1.12)

Originally posted: http://seriable.com/almost-human-episodes-airing-order/#ixzz2tAW6Xrg2

Soldato
Been watching and enjoying this series - however seriously annoyed at the ridiculous order that they've been broadcast!

The whole Insyndicate thing being completely "forgotten" about, comments about Kennex's leg appearing later on, the sudden introduction of "the wall" and the very next episode having nothing to do with it...

This might be one to re-watch at a later date in the proper order, maybe the story arcs will make more sense!!

However, I'll still keep watching it as it's aired, and if I get time amongst all the other stuff I'm watching I may revisit it at a later date.

Back
Top Bottom