Is there a way to fold ONLY core17's?

Caporegime
Hi guys, I'm, pretty sure this has been asked before, but this time it is because core 15's give my GPU terrible coil whine, whereas it is silent with 17's.

Is there a way to do this?

MGP

MGP

Soldato
I don't know of any way to force only one WU type, be that CPU or GPU. Setting advanced or beta type flags merely suggests that you are able to accept those WUs that are still regarded as "in test" by Stanford. It doesn't mean you only get those types.

Essentially you get what ever is given to you, that you PC declares it can handle based on it's benchmarking. Your only viable option is to decide if you will allow GPU or CPU folding, both types, or simply to go not on :eek:

Man of Honour
Almost certainly. And most* VM software doesn't allow direct access to the GPU anyway.

* All that I'm aware of, but I've been out of this 'game' for a while and there's bound to be an exception

Kei

Kei

Soldato
I've experienced the same problem. Core 15's makes my system squeal, after some closer inspection, it is the power supply in mine. It is only folding a core 15 or super high frame rates (like ice storm in 3dmark) that resulted in squealing on mine. I tend to use v-sync on everything though which may minimise the issue.

Back
Top Bottom