Titanfall (Respawn Entertainment's new IP)

Associate
Yeah same as - really is played like its COD :(

ps3ud0 :cool:

Played like CoD because that's the way HE played it.
Was watching someone on twitch playing earlier and he actually used the wall running to his advantage and made the game look 10x better than what DG's video shows

Caporegime
most people just sit and camp last match for example straight off bat i strafed up wall ran up wall in window 5 people just sat there killed them all.

then for rest of round people just sat in windows. no amount of wall running will shift them. i just unlocked the sniper now at rank 9 its a dmr.

see how that is.

played it like cod it is cod its by a cod making team haha.

Caporegime
Played like CoD because that's the way HE played it.
Was watching someone on twitch playing earlier and he actually used the wall running to his advantage and made the game look 10x better than what DG's video shows
Ive seen more than just that video play it as COD, its like once youve achieved what you want from wallrunning (usually just getting to a roof to camp) it doesnt get used for much else. Obviously it can be (man once people get the hang of wallrunning, COD-style melee from the other side of the room is gonna be easy!)

As I elaborated in an earlier post, the unique features of TF just arent obvious beyond the WOW factor from what Ive seen. It doesnt seem to put you at a massive disadvantage if you dont use those features as the devs intended neither. I like the ideas (think the mouse lends itself well to wallrunning regards changing angle/surfaces quickly) and would use them, it just disappointing that seemingly a critical mass of the beta audience dont go past that initial 'Im playing Titanfall' moment...

Perhaps its just too new and they are falling on their COD crux - theres little to make that crux not stick it seems :(

Sorry made some edits for further thoughts...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Caporegime
:confused::(How disappointing. "driving" the mech is just you essentially doing the same thing but slightly bigger.

I thought piloting the titans would have been more like mechwarrior

Associate
I'll hopefully be able to get into the beta to give it a go, but it looks pretty disappointing from that video.

Seems like a futuristic CoD wannabe. :(

Soldato
It looking like CoD isn't necessarily a bad thing, fast paced arcade style twitchy shooters can be an immense amount of fun. Think how much fun MW1 was. Most of the new CoDs are so bad mainly because of map design, stupid perks, imbalanced weapons and overpowered kill streaks.

The titans look like they bring another dimension to the play and I imagine the new movements like the wall jumps etc. will be lots of fun when people get used to them. It's all basically going to come down to how well they balance everything.

Soldato
From what I've seen the AI is absolutely terrible, flanking and letting you kill 4-5 of them before any clock on that their team mates are dying and try to shoot you.

I had massive hopes for this, but I think I'll pass. Just looks too generic, may as well play MW1.

It's a shame battlefield won't do 2143, there is clearly an interest for a futuristic FPS game with mechs, for something a bit different from the churned out "Modern warfare" crap every year. But making a game essentially the same as CoD, adding jetpacks and replacing killstreaks with mechs just isn't what the market needs.

If I get a beta invite I'll certainly give it a bash, but I cannot believe this will be worth buying at all.

Associate
From what I have read about it, I thought the AI was supposed to be like creeps from Dota as well? There is a massive amount of hate for this game at the moment from this forum. Some of it well founded I grant you. Like there is massive secrecy about how much of a game there is. How many levels, unlocks, game modes. To me it does look like a fun game. Not very deep, but for a few hours at a time you can have fun. I've ordered it from cdkeys for £24.79, so for that price I should get my moneys worth from it.

Associate
I don't think the AI is suppose to be clever or challenging, i thought they were suppose to work like creeps from LoL and Dota?

They are, I love the look of the game, I was watching Lirik play it last night on twitch and he was ripping stuff up and it was frantic and looked fun as hell!

Hope I can get a beta key, but pre-ordered for around £24 anyway.

Soldato
I also watched some of Lirik's stream, he had like 20k viewers. I think hes normal viewer base is something like 1-2k odd, there is so much hype for this game, but not on OcUK though.

Associate
I was watching it last night - looked fun but nothing super ground breaking. Liriks stream usually has 10k+ viewers when he streams Day Z btw, it's pretty funny most nights when I watch him stream.

Back
Top Bottom