Flip up helmets...

Soldato
I'm in the market for a new lid still. And I'm turning into such a flufter with this touring ****. I want a flip up helmet lol.

I have a pea head. So have to have extra small. Will it be a problem? No doubt I will look like a right prat.

Soldato
OP
I see what you did there

just-what-forum-needs-another-ironman-build-10452d1330210107t-new-spiderman-meme-face-df790206-13e8-4c7b-9dd9-89dfc8c2ee0e.jpg-231288d1379036570

Associate
Have you looked at Shark Evoline 3 series?

The front part flips up all the way back so it becomes a 3/4 helmet as well as full face when the front part is closed.

Also Sharp rating of 5*.

Soldato
Whatever helmet I bought I'd want to know what the sharp raiting on it was and what the % was of the helmet staying closed in an accident.

For instance the Shoei-Neotec has a 93% chance of staying closed... that is still 7% more than id like as it means there is a 7% chance of me losing my face in an accident.

http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/testsratings/shoei-neotec

where as the Shark Evoline 3 only has a 57% chance of staying closed... NOPE!!!!

http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/testsratings/shark-evoline-3

Soldato
I'm in the market for a new lid still. And I'm turning into such a flufter with this touring ****. I want a flip up helmet lol.

I have a pea head. So have to have extra small. Will it be a problem? No doubt I will look like a right prat.

My first helmet was a flip up one. I never trusted it, in an accident I would just expect it to flip open which means the additional pressure added when flipping the helmet down would be lost and so it'd probably come off.

Granted it was cheap, but I'd never trust a helmet with a hinge over a normal full face.

Soldato
I have the Schuberth C3 - it's ok, comfy and quiet but the visor flips down automatically above 60mph which is annoying. I don't use the flip up all that often, but it's useful at filling stations. When it comes time to replace I might switch back to normal full face

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Those ones old bill use look Ok'ish & I've looked at others in the shop when I got my last helmet, Good idea in principal & they look Ok'ish when flaps down but flaps up even George Cloony would look like Peanut out of Charlie Brown.

Associate
I have an Evoline2 and like it a lot. I'm a speccy git so the tradeoffs (weight, noise etc.) are worth it for me.

Wish I hadn't seen the stats now though, 70% chance of staying closed at best. :eek:

Still, I've met 2 instructors that wear them so can't be that bad...

Caporegime
I have an Evoline2 and like it a lot. I'm a speccy git so the tradeoffs (weight, noise etc.) are worth it for me.

Wish I hadn't seen the stats now though, 70% chance of staying closed at best. :eek:

Still, I've met 2 instructors that wear them so can't be that bad...

yeah but they've usually got a Learner in front of them to take the impact :p

Back
Top Bottom