What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
Went to give the bike a quick clean to get rid of the rain marks.. Then I noticed just how dirty it is on the frame around the engine!

Might be lazy and ask the dealer to give it a clean whilst they service and sort out my rear master cylinder :D

Soldato
Walked the thing back 2 miles after it died.. Battery maybe. Headlights started going dim, instruments went off then engine cut out.. Couldn't bump start it either.. I hope it is the battery and not something more serious.
Only been 2 days since I had it serviced..
Also found out today that my ABS pump has gone which, to fix, would cost 50% of what I paid for the bike, so just going to have the ABS removed.

Annoyed doesn't even begin to describe how I feel!

Last edited:
Associate
Some guy at a petrol station started telling me about his old k1300s and how it sounded awesome with some hex can and he loved the gear shift assist.

I'd forgotten those two things existed, and now I want. And it's going for 24k service shortly so I have an easy way to sort it! Damn!

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Walked the thing back 2 miles after it died.. Battery maybe. Headlights started going dim, instruments went off then engine cut out.. Couldn't bump start it either.. I hope it is the battery and not something more serious.
Only been 2 days since I had it serviced..
Also found out today that my ABS pump has gone which, to fix, would cost 50% of what I paid for the bike, so just going to have the ABS removed.

Annoyed doesn't even begin to describe how I feel!

Your not having much luck with that are you matey, sounds like the reg/recs gone awol.

Man of Honour
Noticed my front tyre needs replacing soon.

I currently have Michelin PR2's front and rear, rear has quite a lot of life left.
Would you replace the front with PR2/3/4?

Soldato
6qcehe.jpg

My bike for the next week or so...till i get time to fix my downpipes

Soldato
Just put a deposit down on a 2001 GSXR600 track bike.

Getting it delivered next Friday so I have a long weekend of bike tinkering ahead, as I'll also be giving my road bike its yearly strip down and service :D

Associate
Baby Vara refused to start for a viewer today, which was embarrassing :(
Battery had come off the charger a few hours previously and started fine then. Shows 12.4~v when I put the meter on it, but won't start the bike.

Put the meter on the bike and it's showing 0.5/0.6v across the leads with the battery removed. Now I'm not much cop with electronics but I don't think that's right? Tracked it down to what I now know is the Reg/Rectifier. Apparently a common source of faults and would explain why the bike is discharging the battery rapidly with the ignition off, no? Was hoping it was just a duff battery, might pull the one from my versys to find out which it is.

Don't think I have it in me to flog a bike I know is dodgy, and when I suddenly got lots of interest after nothing for weeks too :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
Bike hasn't been idling nicely recently, bit of hunting going on which isn't that uncommon the GSXR 1000, but anyway got a date with the bike tomorrow afternoon :D

New spark plugs to go in, checking the TPS and hopefully having a go at syncing the throttle bodies :)

Then on saturday morning she is off to Crescent Suzuki for the master cylinder recall.

Soldato
Since July last year. Wasn't planning on getting rid of it but the deal on this C6F was just too good to pass up. Will miss it for a while I'm sure. Getting quite a lot of interest on eBay already, only been listed a few hours so looks like it should shift easily enough.

But it will be nice to get back on a FI bike. As great as carbs are they just cannot compete with FI any more.

Had to pick this one up after it slipping off the sidestand a few weeks ago, was not fun to pick the thing up! So the lower weight should be nice.

Was considering keeping it but I struggle with storage space for this one, there is no way I could squeeze a second bike in the garage.

Soldato
Picked it back up from the nearest Kwaki garage.

Now has a new reg/rec, battery, working rear brake and has been cleaned & polished!

Hopefully the next expense will just be the tax and nothing else!

Associate
OP
Bike hasn't been idling nicely recently, bit of hunting going on which isn't that uncommon the GSXR 1000, but anyway got a date with the bike tomorrow afternoon :D

New spark plugs to go in, checking the TPS and hopefully having a go at syncing the throttle bodies :)

Then on saturday morning she is off to Crescent Suzuki for the master cylinder recall.

When are you fitting your new bling?

Back
Top Bottom