Twitter Account Hacked?

Soldato
Hi there,

Today I've logged into my account to find I am now following 1600 people. I only had 300 last time I was on twitter during the week. A lot of the new following seem to be Arabian / Arabic accounts.

I've changed my password and app settings that access my account. Not sure what else to do. No tweets have been made. I've also noticed that I've favourited quite a lot more tweets now.

Now I've got to unfollow all these people. Taking forever.

Is there any known bots out there than can do this? Anyone experienced a similar situation?

Cheers

Soldato
I sent out loads of spam tweets a few weeks ago. Now I have a long random password.

I also downloaded an app that would delete all the tweets in one go.

Caporegime
Often happens when people use the same password for all their accounts, one site gets hacked and the email/passwords of accounts are leaked which bots then use to gain access to accounts on loads of different websites.

Soldato
OP
Use a lot of passwords for different sites. A few people said it could have been bots. The only apps that have access were twitter (iPhone / iPad / Mac).

I did go on holiday before Christmas and tweeted from my iPad. Could be that? Connecting to a foreign wifi point? I dunno.

Man it takes time to delete the 'following'.

Cheers

Mobster
Soldato
Use a lot of passwords for different sites. A few people said it could have been bots. The only apps that have access were twitter (iPhone / iPad / Mac).

I did go on holiday before Christmas and tweeted from my iPad. Could be that? Connecting to a foreign wifi point? I dunno.

Man it takes time to delete the 'following'.

Cheers

Get something like LastPass, which will generate secure passwords and then save them, then it will auto-fill them in any browsers you use!

Soldato
I had a problem with my Twitter account after it was hacked (sent my mrs a tweet saying she was fat and round and linked to weight loss pills I was amused) where I set it up to use a phone verification but then when I forgot the password I couldnt log on until getting the verification but couldn't log on my phone without generating a temporary password on Twitter. Gave up and made a new account..

Soldato
Same thing happened to me yesterday but the peeps I ended up following were mostly Greek. Luckily most of my passwords were different to my twitter one so I only had a change a couple. As I'm fanboi scum I used safari's password generator which then automatically updated across all my devices - including the apps.

Back
Top Bottom