LG 50PN650T

Soldato
Hi all,

Thoughts on the above TV? I've currently got a LG42570t TV, but I'd like better as this was a free upgrade essentially.

I mainly game and watch movies, so after reading plasma would be better?!

HD content is a must, I need atleast 2 HDMI ports for PS4 and A/V reciever.

£500 is my max budget currently... is this a good deal?

Associate
LG haven't really updated their plasma lineup for 2 or 3 years - basically they have just put a new bezel on it and added the latest Smart TV then given them a new model number.

Having said that for approx £470 you aren't really going to get anything at that price point to touch it - it will be quite a bit below the Panasonic & Samsung plasmas (from a few years ago) performance wise ...

Soldato
OP
LG haven't really updated their plasma lineup for 2 or 3 years - basically they have just put a new bezel on it and added the latest Smart TV then given them a new model number.

Having said that for approx £470 you aren't really going to get anything at that price point to touch it - it will be quite a bit below the Panasonic & Samsung plasmas (from a few years ago) performance wise ...

Fair enough. What's a good panasonic plasma? I'll see what eBay has to offer, as it doesn't have to be brand new if it means getting a better quality plasma. What about the vt50?! Has to be good for a lot of gaming!

EDIT: Done some quick research what's the views on Panasonic p50u30? Av forums says best for budget and gaming..?

Last edited:
Associate
I've just got the P50660V and can say I'm actually really impressed. Had this and Samsung 5500 set up in shop and was far more impressed with the LG, both set on cinema mode. This goes against almost every review online because LG didint send out many review panels.

Either way it's much better quality picture wise then an led at this price point and in fact many hundreds more.

Soldato
I have a 60" LG plasma, had it for a year now.

The blacks aren't anything special for a plasma, beats my IPS monitor though. I couldn't get it to calibrate as the luminance doesn't go high enough. Lately it has developed bad image retention, I've stopped playing GT6 on it as I could see most of the HUD next time I watched TV.

Hoping OLED becomes affordable before it gets worse. Or I have also been eyeing up projectors, just seems overkill as I only have room for about another 10 inches or so.

Back
Top Bottom