Who here owns a Renaultsport?

Associate
Thinking of selling my 2007 197. It has 75,000 on the clock. Belt/waterpump was done at about 65,000 when I bought it a year ago. I'm putting too many miles on it (commuting). It'll be worthless in another couple of years at this rate! Any idea what sort of price is reasonable at the moment? It's in fine fettle.

Soldato
Getting a courtesy car tomorrow whilst mine goes in the garage and they're giving me a 172 Cup on coilovers and a few other trick bits, gonna be interesting razzing that around for the day :) I had an EP3 Type R for a while and Fiesta ST now so interesting to see how it compares to both, finally!

Soldato
Borrowed this Clio for the day, not sure if anyone knows of it with that plate.

Quite good fun cars! This one was bought cheap by my mechanic to do some work to but it had a CDA (I think) enclosed filter, cat back exhaust, coilovers - quite good fun to drive, nice grunty noise and went quite well, quicker than my Fiesta above 5k but it definitely needed a gearbox mount as you could feel it moving around underneath. But, otherwise, fun cars, good to drive and good fun handling, engine with character - quite like them but don't think I'd dare own one! My Fiesta drives a lot nicer but I did spend decent money ensuring it's bound to :) Glad to finally experience one for a day.

172side.jpg

Associate
everything fixed on the brakes. I miss decent pads though, the OEMs have no bite :(

On the matter of the steering refresh, and suspension the difference is dramatic. Less tram lining, no dragging of the wheel. And the cooksports are brilliant, they're nowhere near as harsh as I thought they could be, and the difference in body roll is massive. Back enjoying the car as it should be. Can't wait to be back at work on Monday, some twisties on the way there :D

Associate
Bought myself some Cooksport springs for my Megane recently. I've been fitting them over the past two days with my dad. Fitting the fronts is a ball ache... But this is the end result! The car has been transformed and feels much more planted on the road. :cool:

Associate
Just thought I'd update on my 130k mile Black 182 I bought recently.

Took it to Lydden Hill for a track day on 1st March which it survived using absolutely no coolant or oil.
The only thing it needed was a few exhaust mounts and I now need some new brake pads haha.
Ordered some ducting to try and cool the brakes down and I'm going to get my self some DS2500 pads (123 quid eek).

Quick pic of it going round:

1912318_10152604611008362_374207578_o_zps2a615a48.jpg

Found it absolutely amazing fun and the Clio was quicker than some stripped out cars with bucket seats etc on road tyres and I was also amazed at how quick some stripped out 172's with track tyres were going round...

Soooo I bought some of these:

2014-03-08163341_zps07ddca50.jpg

And also went about stripping the entire interior out!
My god how much do carpets weigh!?

Next on the list is some bucket seats as when I had to remove the front seats to get the carpets out I nearly died.

Permabanned
Very understated the Clio 182s More so the 172 which to most look like any other Clio, but give it some and they put a smile on your face most cars can't. Seriously good fun in the summer on a NSL twisty country road. Had to beat for fun they really are.

Can remember my old 182 back when I was younger, you know the time when you come to a set of lights and it turns into two lanes and folk think ah Clio ill get a jump and get in front, but these little pocket rockets are quick off the line and the posh car usually a rep in a Audi TDI feels a little small so sticks to your bumper following you?

Haha those were the days, been young and naive. Fun times. HATE growing up.

Caporegime
Nice going degen! I want a bucket seat for mine now, having discovered my mysterious post track day sore knee is actually a result off me bracing myself against the door with it through left hand turns.

And filthy is how the cool kids roll Maccy. Your just not hip if your Clio isn't covered in road grime, brake dust, and large quantities of Bedfords infield... :p

Last edited:
Soldato
The petrol gauge on my Megane 250 is spazzing out. It will be half way and then drop below a quarter of a tank, and then shoot back up again! I'm guessing the little floaty has a hole in it or something. How much would it cost roughly to get it fixed?

Associate
Can you not go off the Trip Computers "Range" readout, or is that also playing up along with the actual dial?

No idea on costs as I've not heard of another Meg owner experiencing this!

Back
Top Bottom