*** Show us your bikes! ***

Soldato
Gkkiqkk.jpg

Just put a deposit down, pick her up 1st March.

Ohlins rear and uprated front suspension. Steering damper and tinted screen.
Jacked up 10mm at the back and dropped 5mm at the front.

Everything else is stock. C6F model with 5000 miles. Cannot wait til next sat!

Soldato
So did I when looking at it! Just needs a decent wash and polish and it should be looking good. Other side of the fairing is a bit rough from a crash at donnington when it only had 1000 miles on it. Poor sod who did that sold it straight away to the guy I'm buying it from.

New engine cover and panel replacements if I find them at the right price. If not it doesn't bother me too much, who cares about some scratches on a 6 year old bike!

Caporegime
Nnnnooo you got rid of the g model !!!!

wipe that soap of the rims too,i hate it when they leave all that crud on there,good job its got steering damper fitted,if its anything like the zx10 they shake/tankslap badly without one,looks nice though

no more manual choke either hahaha

scour ebay for some second hand panels,they go cheap

Soldato
not getting rid of the j just yet :) have not decided what I'm gonna do with it.

the bike is in dire need of a wash. soap and grime should be gone once I get it! Will not miss the manual choke one bit!

Need the front cowling and rear cowling so gonna be a pain to swap over when I get round to it. Oh and a left hand engine casing.

Soldato
It's a nice machine,be carefull pulling those black side panels off just below the seat,the lugs always snap off :(

I can imagine it, you have to pull on them a fair bit. Very nice bike, I have a blue one :cool:

They don't shake their head much, not as bad as the B1H was. I have had a few shakes but it's never caused any panic, probably because I keep it pinned!

Last edited:
Soldato
you actually worry bout fuel on a 125!!!:D

I used to commute a fair few miles on my KH125 and there was 1 petrol station on the route, which was right near home.
Going chug-chug-splurt halfway in the middle of nowhere, frantically switching to reserve because it's raining and it's been a while since you've applied vaseline to the electrics. Hoping the reserve is enough to get you home adds to the worry :p

spp

spp

Associate
Here she is:

ooqr.jpg

Picked her up today, and haven't stopped grinning :D It's quite different from my R1200GS! I'm really looking forward to getting to know her over the next few weeks.

Associate
I'm also in the boat for a new exhaust on my s1000.

It's a bit tricky because if you want any decent sound improvement you have to go with a full system or a de-cat / slip-on combo (like the Austin Racing ARCS exhaust range).

A slip-on makes very little difference to the sound (although you can disconnect the exhaust valve for a bit extra).

With a full system or de-cat you then remove that huge cat/silencer box at the bottom which then means there is nothing there any more which looks a very weird imo so you then need to add the cost of a belly pan extension so the overall cost.

Beware too, any exhaust that removes that the cat means it will be very, very loud. There are guys with a de-cat and the Akrapovic shorty and they are hitting 118db... so if you're looking to go on track bare that in mind.

Anyway, hope that helps. That's all the research i've been doing in the last few months.

spp

spp

Associate
I'm also in the boat for a new exhaust on my s1000.

It's a bit tricky because if you want any decent sound improvement you have to go with a full system or a de-cat / slip-on combo (like the Austin Racing ARCS exhaust range).

A slip-on makes very little difference to the sound (although you can disconnect the exhaust valve for a bit extra).

With a full system or de-cat you then remove that huge cat/silencer box at the bottom which then means there is nothing there any more which looks a very weird imo so you then need to add the cost of a belly pan extension so the overall cost.

Beware too, any exhaust that removes that the cat means it will be very, very loud. There are guys with a de-cat and the Akrapovic shorty and they are hitting 118db... so if you're looking to go on track bare that in mind.

Anyway, hope that helps. That's all the research i've been doing in the last few months.

Thanks for that. I see your point about it looking a little weird! Definitely needs the belly pan extension.

Ultimately I'd like to do some track days, so as you say, I'll need to plan carefully. I read somewhere that the stock can on the Ducati Panigale is too noisy for UK tracks, and that Ducati are trying to sort this out. Anyone know if there is any truth to that? I'd have been gutted if I bought one, and couldn't go to the track.

Do you ever bother using the different engine modes? I can imagine it being a bit gimmicky. I had suspension modes on the GS (sport, comfort and normal, as well as different modes for the terrain), but never really changed from comfort.

Back
Top Bottom