Pussy Riot face jail - what are your views?

Associate
Idiots they are not.

Unless idiots are people that are taking a stand for what they believe in and trying to show the rest of the nation what kind of oppressive regime they live in.

Soldato
I must be a terrible person but the latest video amused me no end, it's so idiotic and they are clearly out to grab attention. The problem is I'm not sure what their goal is here, what they're trying to publicise and I doubt this is the best way to go about it.

However I did snigger, I can't deny it. I'm going to hell clearly.

Soldato
They deserved to go to jail for what they did no question, but being beaten by the authorities shouldn't have happened, they didn't deserve that.

Permabanned
Soldato
I also don't like the attitude that you can go and disrupt other people's events by acting like a complete **** and then pretend to be the victim when security come and force you to stop.

I do find it really funny that they burst into a church (in a country that still treats religion seriously) then started playing anti-religious anti-government hate songs, and cried foul play when prosecuted for it.

Imagine if an Iranian band had burst into a mosque and started singing about Mohammed being a pedophile, they would have been begging for prison.

Soldato
They are far from idiots. One off them was on Russia on 4 wheels. They know full well what the consequences are, and are fully prepared to go to jail. And good on them for standing up like that. They are also fully aware youncant change the world in a day.

Where any of the black rights movements or women rights moments etc, idiots? As it took decades for change?

Without people standing up you won't get an increasing follower base.
Indeed.

They are doing these things for the reason of highlight how violent & excessive certain aspects of society are over there.

It's a clear attempt to bring the spotlight onto Russian soil to pressure the government into improving it's laws.

As I'd never heard of them before the protest in the church it was clearly a productive method of gaining the attention of the world press.

Soldato
I did feel sorry for a few of them when they got locked up for a few years but hearing about them all the time is annoying me, to be honest they are coming over to me as a butch of lesbo tree hugging idiots.

Associate
I did feel sorry for a few of them when they got locked up for a few years but hearing about them all the time is annoying me, to be honest they are coming over to me as a butch of lesbo tree hugging idiots.

Not necessarily a bad thing although I could do without the tree hugging.;)

Soldato
Haven't they been ousted from the band as the other 6 or so members have reportedly taken a vote and decided these 2 members have 'forgotten the aspirations and ideals of the band'?

Soldato
Has anyone ever been so far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
:D

3721968_o.gif

Back
Top Bottom