***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Caporegime
which grass and tree settings you using? some amd drivers and those cause flickering.

the video isnt pointless it actually will help . shows places and glitches which shouldn't happen which will now be fixed.

there was a patch recently which was too do with damage and legs breaking.

so i have been testing what is possible . so it actually helps a lot.

Permabanned
which grass and tree settings you using? some amd drivers and those cause flickering.

the video isnt pointless it actually will help . shows places and glitches which shouldn't happen which will now be fixed.

there was a patch recently which was too do with damage and legs breaking.

so i have been testing what is possible . so it actually helps a lot.

Lies, you told us you were testing SA before it came out and were submitting all these reports from the mod old/new bugs. Not one of them has been fixed yet :)

Caporegime
Restarted game, picked SMAA and that fixed it. FXAA seems to be far more screen flickery!

Anyway I've uninstalled the game till they fix more things and add some form of vehicle, half the people i know don't play it anymore any way

Caporegime
Lies, you told us you were testing SA before it came out and were submitting all these reports from the mod old/new bugs. Not one of them has been fixed yet :)

i tested the mod. i do submit bugs on the SA. anyone can submit bugs once you sign up to the mantis style bug report on the official forums.

if you have issues with the game or bugs submit them.

each patch things are fixed but as any coder will tell you fix one thing break two other things. reason they have a experimental patch before live so they are tested.

who would test what i tried by jumping off large buildings? not many so its been useful as now it will be noted and fixed. so whats more helpful testing the bugs and showing or sitting on forum whining every post?

note how its always same people everytime .

infact roll back 5-10 pgs note who is doing what then you'll see same 5-8 people every day everytime they post. how bored must you be :(

anyway back to playing the game i like .

Caporegime
I don't get that video, all your doing is falling off buildings.

there is a damage limit on falling you either break your legs or you die !

in all of those jumps or falls i lived. i should have died in all of the jumps. so therefore something is wrong which needs to be fixed. what some dont see is if you a millimeter out you die !

so it may look rather simple to do but you could try some 1000 times and not do them once. some are easy some arnt.

give some of them a try see if you can do them without dying.;)

Soldato
who would test what i tried by jumping off large buildings? not many so its been useful as now it will be noted and fixed. so whats more helpful testing the bugs and showing or sitting on forum whining every post?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZXXWiAdxRw

someone did it a month ago :D

as was said to a similar quote on the official forums 'They have sold 1.5 million copies, do you think you are the only one submitting bug reports'

Caporegime
Not sure why but I'm get mad flickering with low frame rates in the towns, more noticed with FXAA and grass. I used to get 50fps+ in villages now it's near 35!

Haven't played the game in a month so..

EDIT : This isn't the same flickering you get with a dodgy texture!

wall hack corrupts the memory cache on your graphics card over time so you have to turn the hacks off or reboot often :p

Soldato
I love this game but I keep getting a grey screen despite me being fed and relatively full of fluids. I have even rested my man. I don't want to die!!!

The trick is to eat (preferably rice) and drink until your statuses show 'energised' and 'hydrated' in light green, not dark green, boxes. After a short time you will get a status saying 'healing' or 'healthy' and you'll end up with full colour and also some resistance to food poisoning and such.

Associate
Death Star or Mount Doom, it depends on the day.
The trick is to eat (preferably rice) and drink until your statuses show 'energised' and 'hydrated' in light green, not dark green, boxes. After a short time you will get a status saying 'healing' or 'healthy' and you'll end up with full colour and also some resistance to food poisoning and such.

I have been eating uncooked rice :-O I know the Japanese use to do it to our troops in the WW2 as a form of torture but food is so scarce.

I died after a grey screen before, I passed out and went unconscious first. Was that due to over exhaustion?

Soldato
I have been eating uncooked rice :-O I know the Japanese use to do it to our troops in the WW2 as a form of torture but food is so scarce.

I died after a grey screen before, I passed out and went unconscious first. Was that due to over exhaustion?

One thing to keep in mind about eating raw rice in DayZ is that it causes dehydration, you have to drink lots of water if you munch a bag of rice but the combination will get you healthy in no time.

If you had a grey screen and went unconscious it could have been any number of things. Keep an eye on your warning messages like "I'm hungry", "I'm thirsty", and ones like "I have a funny taste in my mouth" (this implies food poisoning)" or "my head is pounding" (dehydration).

Associate
Thank you very much Speed for the company last night. Fair play for not killing a black guy running around Elektro in nothing but his pants. Lesser men would have killed me on site.

As my char is clearly disturbed... :D

Caporegime
met up with guru we both got shot :D

i was newspawn got mosined :p
he got shot near boat up near behrizino.

will meet up later tonight. when guru back on.

86JR you playing experimental or normal. can come normal if you want later as both of us are geared on that.

Back
Top Bottom