Game of Thrones Series 3 Bluray playback issues

Associate
Is anyone else having playback issues with this series 3 bluray?

I have THIS bluray drive and have tried using TotalMediaTheatre 5 and MPC-HC but neither of them will start the 1st disk? It just sits at a black loading screen as soon as you try to play it :confused:

The drive and playback software works with other blurays (inc GoT series 1 + 2 blurays).

Anyone got any ideas?

Soldato
I've heard there are issues with these discs, as I was gonna get it and play it on the Xbox One. Apparently this is a workaround on the Xbox One and might help you out if it works the same way with your drive/software.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMmBOPLZVfI

You need season 1 or 2 on blu ray to get it working....

1. Insert any Game of Thrones S1 or S2 disc into your Xbox One

2. Go to features and select a feature which is on a different disc for example if you have disc 1 in select a feature for disc 5

3. The menu will ask you to insert another disc from the season but instead insert your Season 3 disc

4. The console should then load your disc up past the tree icon and play your season 3 disc

Soldato
Same issues here, although today there was an update for the bluray on the Xbone which seems to have removed the issue. Mind you, I did pause the disc and come back to a blackscreen and then a warning regarding 'HDCP playback over HDMI'.

Bit of a mess really, and no work around for TotalMedia though.

Associate
OP
Nope, doesn't work for me, tried with a series 1 and 2 bluray disk, must just be an Xbox workaround :(. Wonder why this has happened with the disks, HBO must know about it by now with the Xbox problems

Associate
Game of thrones, one of if not the most popular program on most torrent sites.... HBO probably made the disks like this on purpose to stop pc's reading them.

It was the most torrented show before they released the boxset. This is only going to drive more people to download it, not less. If you pay lots of money for a product, and it doesn't work, why would you bother doing it in future?

Caporegime
Is there a Blu-ray player other than a PlayStation that loads discs in less than a week? Every standalone player I've used has been garbage, and every time I've tried to play back a disc on a PC I've wanted to shoot myself.

Associate
I was looking at buying the 1-3 boxset but if you saying that their a fault with season 3 disc then it look like I going to have to wait. as do use pc Blu-ray player, console and standalone player to play my blu-rays

Soldato
Whoch encourages people to torrent them.....

It was the most torrented show before they released the boxset. This is only going to drive more people to download it, not less. If you pay lots of money for a product, and it doesn't work, why would you bother doing it in future?
I never said it was the right option plus when did American media companies ever realise the obvious.... they're not exactly the brightest bunch when it comes to keeping with the times and 'digital media' etc.

Back
Top Bottom