Corsair Obsidian 750D Builds

Associate
OuFVWn1.jpg

A couple more mods to come, but it's getting just how i like it now.

Pc is switched off here, just testing the LED's out. It's not as bright near the PSU anymore. GPU's light up white and cpu lights red.

Associate
Omar- i will get some pictures sorted out and edit them to this post
Picture below- when it goes up the side the LED strip twists and fits snug in the gap- no tape needed

Picture below- peeled brown sticky protector off in the top middle (where h100 is) to allow it to stick to the top of the case (i only peeled off about 6 inches)

Picture below- about the height of the top fan and bay drive- peeled brown stick protector off again about 4 inches and stuck on side

Picture below- bottom right corner where the bottom hard drive case is... this is where the LED strip starts and ends... as you can see wire going underneath hard drives

Picture below i did not peel off the tape as i didnt think i needed to

Hope this helps
Youtube link added:

http://youtu.be/wwT4qwDA3A4

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for that, much appreciated! I bought some Gorilla Tape recently that I'm going to have another go with, hopefully it'll fare a bit better than the electrical tape.

Soldato
Took the front fan panel off to see if it would do anything to my temps, and to my surprise there is a lot of dust caught on the filter. Take a look

ZOow6Yj.jpg

So if anyone is wondering how good the fans are because they are covered, I've had this case in operation for about 30 days now.

Associate
Hey guys,

Been out of the game for a long while and have been contemplating getting back in with a new build using this case. If any of you care to take couple of measurements for me, that would be great :)

*Is there enough clearance to fit a 420mm radiator to the top of the case?

*If so, and if anyone has done it, how much clearance is there between the front of the radiator to where it meets the bezel?

*Likewise I see some people have fitted 360mm radiators to the top of their rig, can you tell me how much clearance there is between the front of the radiator to the front bezel?

Reason why i ask, is i want to see if there is enough room (even if it will be a tight fit) to fit a fan controller (Bitfenix/Lamptron haven't decided yet) to the top.

*How much clearance is there measuring from the top of the motherboard to the top of the case... as with above, i want to see if the case has enough room to fit a radiator in push/pull configuration (ignore the exhaust fan at the back).

Lastly...

* I plan on anodising the case, is the front facia all plastic or aluminium?

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey guys,

Been out of the game for a long while and have been contemplating getting back in with a new build using this case. If any of you care to take couple of measurements for me, that would be great :)

*Is there enough clearance to fit a 420mm radiator to the top of the case?

*If so, and if anyone has done it, how much clearance is there between the front of the radiator to where it meets the bezel?

*Likewise I see some people have fitted 360mm radiators to the top of their rig, can you tell me how much clearance there is between the front of the radiator to the front bezel?

Reason why i ask, is i want to see if there is enough room (even if it will be a tight fit) to fit a fan controller (Bitfenix/Lamptron haven't decided yet) to the top.

*How much clearance is there measuring from the top of the motherboard to the top of the case... as with above, i want to see if the case has enough room to fit a radiator in push/pull configuration (ignore the exhaust fan at the back).

Lastly...

* I plan on anodising the case, is the front facia all plastic or aluminium?

My advice is to watch this review it goes over everything in detail and will answer your questions, plus give you ideas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCqSFB1wWl0&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLBDE3358367DB7324

Soldato
Off the top of my head there is 88mm clearance from top of the case to the motherboard, and there was over 100mm from front of the case to the gfx card if the HDD bays are removed. Figures from TTL review. But do double check before you spend your cash.

Associate
Hi guys, Im interested in moving my bits from my CM Storm Trooper into one of these cases, I noticed Porkie has a bay res which doesnt sit flush to the front of the case, I take it this case wont house a bay res flush ? I notice OcUK sell these cases with bayres too, take it they are the same ?

Which 360 rad did you use in the top, I have a existing 240mm rad which id like to mount in the front, very similar to noob cannon and porkies build.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Associate
If I remember correctly the bay reservoir does not sit flush due to the 360mm radiator in the top of the case. I did not try it before mounting the radiator, but I am pretty sure that now the radiator is in there it is blocking the reservoir.

For reference I have the following Radiator and Reservoir

Associate
Hi Porkie, thanks for getting back, Thats exactly the same res pump combo I have, I too was going to opt for that rad, Ideally id like it to sit flush (ocd) so I'll have to look at an alternative radiator or case then, I take it push pull is out of the question in this case ?

Cheers

Associate
I would have to have a look, but I think you could probably get away with push pull at the top. The front rad on mine is running push pull, with the default fans that came with the case and two fans on the back.

Associate
Been having a nosy round a 750D today and I can see why your combo didnt go in now Porkie, I dont have an optical drive in my PC so I would use the 2nd and 3rd drive bays and have my fan controller in the top, should line up perfect that way,

Could I ask how you drain your loop ? I have a stop valve and a T fitting which I was going to use but not sure where to put it until I start the build.

Thanks

Associate
Hi guys, Got my 750 build started last night, complete mare thus far but at least I am getting there now,

I bought a XSPC 360 rad off the MM to mount in the top however I didnt know the threads were 1 on each end, as ive fit a bay res its made it quite difficult to mount the rad and insert the res, managed to bodge something together though to get a tube from the first rad into the bayres/pump

Also my Bayres doesnt sit flush in the case due to the lip on the unit, I also had to bend the 5 1/4 drive rails or the unit wouldnt slide in to the case, have people using a bay res managed to screw the unit in as I dont have any screw holes which line up, to be fair its not going to slide out as its quite a snug fit.

Need to order some more connectors from OCUK today and then I can carry on, turning into a bottom less money pit this build so far, I love it though :D

Associate
Finished late last night, pleased with how its turned out, think when I come to bleed it next year ill replace the tubing and use the mayhems pastel red coolant, apparently that coolant isn't compatible with this tubing, pic doesn't do it justice really, looks great at night under UV light. All fans wired to a fan controller so can really quieten it down for browsing web etc. Need to change out the ram at some point too :) I will stealth those cathode cable's at some point today too, just wrap them with some black electrical tape to hide them. res/pump combo appears to be doing a decent job, 4770k at idle is 19 degrees, under prime gets to about 50+ at stock speeds, will overclock to 4.2 most likely and leave at that, happy now :)

Sorry I'm not that good with a camera,

http://postimage.org/app.php

http://postimage.org/app.php

http://postimage.org/

Last edited:
Associate
Just got one of these, planning on a red/black theme.

Does the top "filter" work well? Holes seem a bit small imo. Also my side panel was a tiny bit scratched where the HHD bays are, it seems the finger grips knocked off glass during shipping or something, do you think I should contact Corsair or am I just nit-picking?

Back
Top Bottom