******Official War Thunder Thread*******

Soldato
I was a bad, bad person last night. :o
I went seal clubbing.
I brought friends.

2ivdx4x.jpg

Associate
Zhukovsky's seal club is best seal club.
I'm wondering, if I jam my lineup with all Battle Rating 1.0 planes, then sneak the 20mm armed I-153 M62 into a slot, will I be put up against lower level planes that my 20mm Chaika can kill with impunity?
Coz that sounds like something I want to do :D

Soldato
Zhukovsky's seal club is best seal club.
I'm wondering, if I jam my lineup with all Battle Rating 1.0 planes, then sneak the 20mm armed I-153 M62 into a slot, will I be put up against lower level planes that my 20mm Chaika can kill with impunity?
Coz that sounds like something I want to do :D

Sadly, I suspect as retarded as matchmaking is, the game will pick this up and chuck you into tier 2 battles. For your 1.0 BR planes to die in blazing wrecks of cannon shells....

You're a bad man Brain :p

And you haven't even met him!

Soldato
War thunder made me break my Saitek Cyborg Gold 3D joystick! Now the rudder is knackered and leaving it centred means my plane does a nice 360 degree turn on full right rudder. It's all that twitching to stay on target thanks to the super wobbly planes.

Associate
Kind of gutted that the other week I was getting 60-80fps with settings maxed out, logged in last night and I'm getting 20-60fps with lots of stuttering even after dropping back to medium gfx setttings :( They broke it right before I got my flightstick!

Edit.. Also the game hard locks when I try and exit, which is rather annoying when trying to tweak the gfx!

Last edited:
Associate
I feel that was some of the best H6K action I've had so far. We all stuck together (on the good ones), and it really made the landings a lot of fun. We should use that in the future: All stick together and drop onto one airfield instead of splitting up.

I have and idea for the first video we can make: Close shaves.
A fair few "Music Video" type War Thunder vids I've seen have a few close passes, usually belly to belly, mixed in, and they're often the best part of the videos. If Rev is able to post and tell everyone how to capture video from the replays, we could collect a series of these from all the members. If you record the incident with 10 secs either side, that should do.
Could you knock a quick guide together please, Rev? software you use, how to get it etc?
Watch your six,
BC

Soldato
I feel that was some of the best H6K action I've had so far. We all stuck together (on the good ones), and it really made the landings a lot of fun. We should use that in the future: All stick together and drop onto one airfield instead of splitting up.

I have and idea for the first video we can make: Close shaves.
A fair few "Music Video" type War Thunder vids I've seen have a few close passes, usually belly to belly, mixed in, and they're often the best part of the videos. If Rev is able to post and tell everyone how to capture video from the replays, we could collect a series of these from all the members. If you record the incident with 10 secs either side, that should do.
Could you knock a quick guide together please, Rev? software you use, how to get it etc?
Watch your six,
BC

I always love a good video :) I'm up for providing some clips. Not sure exactly what you wanted so had a quick game, got some footage and uploaded it to youtube so you can see. Say whether anything here is usable, close to what you want or a million miles away lol.

This is just from a single game, just to get a feeling of the sort of stuff you're after from us.

Associate
I always love a good video :) I'm up for providing some clips. Not sure exactly what you wanted so had a quick game, got some footage and uploaded it to youtube so you can see. Say whether anything here is usable, close to what you want or a million miles away lol.

This is just from a single game, just to get a feeling of the sort of stuff you're after from us.

You need to get online soon again mate, miss my MkIIb wingman :(

Associate
Watch your six,
BC

Simple mate.
I use DXTory http://exkode.com/dxtory-features-en.html
With x264 codec (Can't remember where I got that from though). Gives good quality vs file size.

Then just record the playback from the replay viewer.
Controls for the replay viewer:
Code:
Basic Replay Commands

(Alt) + " Z " will hide the HUD. Including that pesky FPS meter. (This also works in actual games as well)

Shift + (left arrow) will slow down the replay speed. Replay can be set to .5, .25, .125, and 0.0 (pause) speed.
(Tip: As of right now there is no way to rewind the replay.)

Shift + (right arrow) will speed up the replay. Settings include: 2, 4, and 8 times faster.

" [ " allows you to switch to the previous player's plane.

" ] " allows you to switch to the next player's plane.

" ; " returns you to your plane.

" V " allows you to switch to the standard "arcade mode" cameras.

" U " will follow bombs/rockets.

" Z " will toggle zoom.

" (ctrl) + F1 " Is a first person "gun view".

" (ctrl) + F2 " Is a "wing view" This is a close up camera that appears to hang directly on or behind your plane's wings. Press this command multiple times to cycle through different cameras.

"(ctrl) + F3" Is a "Fly by view" this will give you nice long wides shots, the camera remains in a fixed position but will track the movement of the plane. Press this command multiple times to switch to different angles.

"(ctrl) + F4" Is "Operator view" This is similar to "Fly by view" except the camera will move. Use this to easily get those cinematic shots. Press this command multiple times to switch between different angles.

"(ctrl) + F5" Is "Free camera" This is a controlable camera. Use "WASD" and "QE" and your mouse to move about the world.

Here's some 5040*1050 with headtracking goodness I made aaaaages ago as a test :)

Back
Top Bottom