sky internet/wifi dropping when on phone

Associate
recently BT changed the green box (not sure what its called) at the end of my street, since then when answering the phone the wirlesss signal goes on the router causing no internet, when you hang up it comes back after 15-20 secs. now im not sure if its just coincidence or not but how can i determine what the problem is?

thanks

john

Associate
I actually had this issue on thursday from about 12:00 & it persisted till about 12:40, rang sky and asked if there was any work being carried out at teh exchange and they said no. I checked teh router it had no mac address but was still connected & the phone was on but wouldnt dial out, rebooted teh router a few times & it still didnt come up and as if by magic it did and all was well again.

Sky has no idea what was up but was rather odd wireless stating unstable on 2 devices & the phone being dead, sounds similar to yours?

Soldato
Do you own a cordless home phone? They normally operate on the same 2.4 GHz frequency that is used by 802.11 WiFi standards, so talking on the phone would create interference in that freuency spectrum.

Your new router may just be weaker. Try using a corded phone and see if the problem persists.

Associate
OP
Sky has no idea what was up but was rather odd wireless stating unstable on 2 devices & the phone being dead, sounds similar to yours?

the phone is fine, no issues.

Do you own a cordless home phone? They normally operate on the same 2.4 GHz frequency that is used by 802.11 WiFi standards, so talking on the phone would create interference in that freuency spectrum.

Your new router may just be weaker. Try using a corded phone and see if the problem persists.

its not a new router, its the same 1 ive have for 2-3 years, problem only arose since the work at the end of the street :(

Soldato
Are you with Sky? I had the exact same problem and it turned out to be my 2-3yo router too. Replaced it for the sky hub and everything is fine now.

Back
Top Bottom