EE Mobile Data Sim

Soldato
Hi

Can anyone tell me how to get my EE 6gb Data sim working?

I ordered a 6gb sim off ebay to pop into my unlocked Three Mi-Fi while i'm away next week.

Buggered if I can get It working. It shows a signal on the screen, 3G and the Wi-Fi symbol but with an ! next to it (which means its not working I guess!)

There is a long code on the screen of the Mi-Fi too.

It says on EE homepage that the first time I connect, a page should come up where I click "activate" and job done.

Nothing comes up on my laptop apart from "Page can not be found"

Usually quite good with stuff like this but it just isn't working!

Cheers
Jim

Soldato
Nice never knew they did a 6GB one :p

No registration or activation required

Please note that we will not be able to help you with any SIM related issues after activation

That's a bit odd have you tried the 07953 966 250 ?

Soldato
OP
It is working in my mobile phone, just not my dongle! Bloody pain in the bum. Not tried ringing anyone yet as its sunday night but I will try tomorrow if I can't get it working

edit - its a 4g sim and a 3g mifi. Not sure if this makes any difference because it works in my phone (3G not 4G)but I've tried everything and it refuses to work so i'm going to see if the seller will accept it back.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Tried all that. Tried changing all sorts of settings and nothing. Trying now with a Giffgaff sim and their APN settings and still nothing, so its not the EE sim at fault.

The model is an E585

Soldato
OP
From the sounds of things it could be the MiFi not being properly unlocked then.

Possible :) I unlocked it using instructions available online. It happily accepts any sim card now but obviously there is a problem :(

I will just have to be internetless for the week!

Back
Top Bottom