Keeping the relationship... a relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
[FnG]magnolia;25980073 said:
She's already decided that she wants to be friends and nothing more but needs you as an emotional tampon until she meets someone else who will make her feel like you once did.

Rip the band aid off.

How absorbent are emotional tampons compared to the more well-known brands?

I want to know for, er, a friend.

Man of Honour
After living with my other half for a few years I still don't like spending an evening apart - so there's obviously something not right if you feel that 5 days together is too much or if the spark is gone.

Permabanned
After living with my other half for a few years I still don't like spending an evening apart - so there's obviously something not right if you feel that 5 days together is too much or if the spark is gone.

It's ok, we'll be able to spend a lot more time together now. :)

Oh, wait... :(

Associate
OP

I agree entirely, however, living with someone is different to seeing them every day.

In our case she has a place that's very close to work, so 9/10 I'll stay there. When I'm there, I have nothing to entertain me or to do... other than her ;D.

If I was living with her, with my stuff there, there'd be much less 'neediness' on my part... "I'm on EVE!!"

Soldato
WHAT???

I never got that message and now this is how you choose to tell me?!?

she dnt wna b wiv u nymor so jus leav it yh? dnt be a prik bout it yh?

Oh yeah? So why is it when you said you were at your mum's I was able to trace your phone's GPS to the park?

y r u spyin on me?! u fink ur jmes bond or sumink? im sik of u spiyin on me life! i ws out wiv my bruva shoppin!

Soldato
[FnG]magnolia;25980073 said:
She's already decided that she wants to be friends and nothing more but needs you as an emotional tampon until she meets someone else who will make her feel like you once did.

Rip the band aid off.

***. This is in the main what a lot of people do (both men and women).

The answer is probably not to see each other less but just make sure you encourage her to do things with her friends and get your own time for hobbies and mates, basically show her that you are not defined by the relationship.

About a year if you have spent a lot of time you are coming out of the honeymood period, again a lot of people think that when this goes its time to move on, but you can live your life forever in a honeymoon period, time will pass, she will annoy you at times and vice versa but that's part and parcel of being in a long term relationship.

Soldato
My girlfriend is my best and closest friend. I have other friends, obviously, who I'm just as close to, but it's clearly different and I guess they hear slightly different info, but at the end of the day, she is my best friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom