Corsair Obsidian 750D Builds

Soldato
You could try getting on to them about it yeah.....I myself have not had much luck with Corsair getting back to me after I contacted them over a week ago ...but you may have better luck

Last edited:
Associate
I have one of these cases and love it.
I fitted an xspc water cool kit at the weekend, so I really should put up some pics.
One problem I found though was that the bay res doesn't sit in the front properly. The front of the res is a bit wider than the gap in the case.
I cant push it back far enough to screw it in securely.
Anyone got a way round that?

Associate
I didn't end up screwing mine in, I found the bay res quite tight because of the metal rails that optical drives would sit on, I'd leave it with no screws in, even when I move my pc the res doesn't move at all. Must admit it does bug me a little that it doesn't sit flush to the front of the case but no biggy.

Associate
what type of fan screws are used at the front for the 2x140mm? i have a feeling they could either be M3 or 6-32 but not sure. Reason why i ask, because it looks as if typical fan screws you get with fans do not fit the thickness of the hole threads.

Trying to work out what type of screws to use to attach a EK XTC 280 rad in push/pull config. Seems 30mm length is too short (which were originally with the case), and 35mm is too long with the potential to pierce a copper fin. What do you guys use?

Associate
Quick snap of mine, also going with a red and black theme. Need to get the PSU braided in red I reckon, then get the fans colour coordinated. Long term goal is full custom loop.

Associate
Thinking about buying a 750d and removing the hard disc enclosures at the bottom to allow for unimpeded airflow to the graphics card. Am I right in saying that if I buy 2 3.5 to 5.25 inch converters I can put my 2 hard drives at the top where the dvd drives goes? I have no need for a dvd drive now.

Associate
in my mind, the 540 has much better airflow than the 750 judging by the size and the amount of options you get for watercooling. The only problem is the size of the 540 may not appeal to all.

Associate
I've considering one of these for while, possibly as a replacement for my Phantom that's looking a bit battered. Can anyone describe how the front panel works? I see it can be removed and obviously the airflow is a hell of a lot better without it but how easy is it to remove? Are the fittings particularly durable and can they stand up to a bit of use or is it best not to remove the panel more than you have to?

I was thinking that it would be good to remove it during gaming and put it back when not in use or not at least not heavy use but I noticed someone mention clips breaking and someone else talk about just having it partially open.

Soldato
I've considering one of these for while, possibly as a replacement for my Phantom that's looking a bit battered. Can anyone describe how the front panel works? I see it can be removed and obviously the airflow is a hell of a lot better without it but how easy is it to remove? Are the fittings particularly durable and can they stand up to a bit of use or is it best not to remove the panel more than you have to?

I was thinking that it would be good to remove it during gaming and put it back when not in use or not at least not heavy use but I noticed someone mention clips breaking and someone else talk about just having it partially open.

I remove mine when in games ..and actually have it removed most of the time to be honest .

and it's easy to replace by slipping in the slots at the bottom and gently pressing in closed at the top

Soldato
Just moved my system in sig to a new Corsair 750D. Very nice case and so easy to build in. Gone for a simple blue/black theme. Not sure whether to add some blue fans (rear of the case and push for the H100i). Can't decide between solid blue fans or the Corsair SP/AF style coloured ring ones. Also thinking about getting some blue ram sinks for the Samsung Greens.

DSC_0037.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0035.JPG

Soldato
Soldato
Just moved my system in sig to a new Corsair 750D. Very nice case and so easy to build in. Gone for a simple blue/black theme. Not sure whether to add some blue fans (rear of the case and push for the H100i). Can't decide between solid blue fans or the Corsair SP/AF style coloured ring ones. Also thinking about getting some blue ram sinks for the Samsung Greens.

/QUOTE]

That looks really good, I'd go for the rings :) Keep the blue tone down, otherwise it might look a bit overdone.

Soldato

Personally I would go for the blue rings.

Also have you considered removing the Optical Drive and just grabbing yourself an external DVD-RW like the ones below. It would make the front look so much better.

I would then remove both of those HDD cages and put your HDD in the top Optical Bay out of the way. This will allow unrestricted air flow through the front/bottom of the case.

YOUR BASKET
1 x Samsung SE-218CN/RSBS Ultra Slim External DVD-RW Drive - Black (Retail) £29.99
1 x Samsung SE-S208DB/TSBS External Slimline 8x DVD-RW (TV Connect) - Black £21.98
Total : £56.96 (includes shipping : £4.16).

Caporegime
Yes it certainly is, i currently have two corsair 120mm high static fans in the front myself.

Hmm, whats the airflow like in this case? I'm having heat issues with my 7990, been told it could be because of where the fans in the case are placed (fortress ft02). Might snag one of these if it can help matters.

Soldato
Well the FT02 is still pretty much the best air cooling case on the market but does perhaps lend itself to the 'blower' style GPU fan which draws air from the case and expels out of the back. The 7990 has a windforce design which sucks air from the back and dumps into the case hence why it may not be the best choice for the FT02 with its vertically mounted GPUs.

That being said you should be able to set your fans up to accommodate this, what temperatures are you getting and also what is your fan setup like?

I live in Australia in Queensland (subtropical) and my computer room doesn't have air con and i get between 74 and 85 when gaming depending on whether it is summer or winter. It idles between 45 and 50 again depending on the weather. If it get really hot 34+ then I will take the front panel off (simple click to remove) my 750D to increase the air flow.

Caporegime
Temps are hitting over 100c on one of the cores, fan setup is basically the 2 of the newer fans (air penetrator) at the bottom of the case and one if the old ones that it came with under the hard drive bay area. Even with the fans at full tilt intaking air it still creeps to 100c, just takes a bit.longer.

750d from some vids I've seen that front plate really seems to kill the air intake, seems to be a bit of an oversight instead of having the centre section be a mesh material.

Back
Top Bottom