Display Corruption

Associate
Just started having problems with my PC. Has been running great since it was built but after it's been on for a while (no specific length of time) it's locking up and corrupting the display - although the mouse cursor still looks fine even if it won't move. Powering down the PC and restarting results in everything working completely normally again, but only for a while.

From looking at the temps under hwinfo64 everything looks ok, and nothing's changed at all.

Any suggestions on the most likely culprit ?

Display Corrupted Crop by Stuart Delaney, on Flickr

RJC

RJC

Don
I would say your GPU is on its way out.

What model are you using and have you overclocked it at all?

Running the latest updates and can you test it another pc?

Associate
OP
Thanks. That's along the lines of what I was thinking. :( I've cleared out the drivers and will install again as I'm unable to try it in a different PC.
It's a 7970 IceQX2 running the 13.12 Catalyst suite. I've never overclocked it (have clocked the cpu but returned it to stock for testing), bought and installed in Sept 2012.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I've removed the AMD 13.12 drivers and put an older version on and it seems to be behaving better. I'll try removing the card and hooking upto the onboard graphics if the issue resurfaces.
After another days usage the graphuics issue has cleared up. Looks like it was related to the 13.12 catalyst control centre/drivers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom