***OCUK Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition Tournament***

Soldato
Might have to learn another character. Just for variety.
None are jumping out at me though.... Hmmmmmm

Played a couple of hours last night. Really enjoying this game again after so long away from it. Much improving too.
I reckon if there's another tourney in a couple of months I might make mid table...... Maybe

Associate
OP
Sorry guys, won't be able to update the table and results till later this evening.

I've moved desks at work meaning my laptop is exposed and people can see what I'm doing haha

So will update later!

Associate
OBS is the best program to use once it's set up, there's some required reading over on their forums but it's definitely the best way to go about i.

Not 100% sure about my availability over the next week and a bit, so if I drop off the face of the earth just DQ me.

Last edited:
Soldato
Chris [BEANS];25991509 said:
Played a couple of hours last night. Really enjoying this game again after so long away from it. Much improving too.
I reckon if there's another tourney in a couple of months I might make mid table...... Maybe

I think in the next one we should force people to use more then one character (yes ok I'm thinking of elrasho/abel lol). It should narrow the margin between the top and bottom of the table? Plus I reckon there'd be less 5-0/5-1 results. A random select tourney even? I'm sure we did one before.

Soldato
I think in the next one we should force people to use more then one character (yes ok I'm thinking of elrasho/abel lol). It should narrow the margin between the top and bottom of the table? Plus I reckon there'd be less 5-0/5-1 results. A random select tourney even? I'm sure we did one before.

Hmmmmm, some way of forcing different characters might not be a bad idea, but random select is silliness. Too many characters, there's potential that I get Abel and you get someone you've never used.
I could beat you 5-0 but that would be no indication of skill or ability, just straight luck of the draw....

Not sure the fairest way to force changes. I guess the point is to see who's the best, and to really see that is to see the top two using their best character.
If they're forced to use someone else then that's not their best....

Associate
I was looking forward to Akuma vs Abel. I want to see how you handle him and hopefully get some tips. :)

I can do that now
  1. Play offline

I think a good way to run a tournament based around picking different characters would be the Adz Special rules feature, which Rob and I still run sets of from time to time.

Soldato

That is an awful idea lol, people should be able to use what they want to use. But the loser of a round should be able to switch character for the next round so that they can counter pick if needed, then if they win that one they are stuck with that champ whilst the loser can then counter pick them etc.

Forcing people to play another character when they may only be able to play one is just going to remove their fun from the tournament. Just open up reg next time so people like myself can have a crack :)

Managed to have a few games with Chris[BEANS] last night which was fun, wouldnt mind playing against more of you to see how i fare.

Soldato
Chris [BEANS];25991928 said:
Hmmmmm, some way of forcing different characters might not be a bad idea, but random select is silliness. Too many characters, there's potential that I get Abel and you get someone you've never used.
I could beat you 5-0 but that would be no indication of skill or ability, just straight luck of the draw....

You'd have to very unlucky for your opponent to random select their main 5 times in a row, it's VERY unlikely.

A tournament like that wouldn't be to see who's the best, it would be more for a laugh.

That is an awful idea lol, people should be able to use what they want to use. But the loser of a round should be able to switch character for the next round so that they can counter pick if needed, then if they win that one they are stuck with that champ whilst the loser can then counter pick them etc.

Forcing people to play another character when they may only be able to play one is just going to remove their fun from the tournament.

Hey, I was the worst for sticking with one character. Counter picking doesn't really come into it when you only use one char, you'll always go with them regardless. We've done tournaments in the past on here, where people were forced to use other characters and it gave the game a new lease of life, for me anyway. I now play with Akuma, Seth, Sagat, Guile etc.

These tournaments are more for fun than actually trying to determine who the best player is. Most of us on here have been playing each other for years and we already know who the best is. Check back on the first page, I already called what the final would be ;) Maybe a random select tournament is going a bit too far but definitely something where you have to select and use more than one character - it's been tried and tested. I can't even remember what rules we used now it's been that long.

Soldato
Have you seen my Youtube video of the Random Select Tourney we had last time? It was fun but I didn't enjoy it because I only know how to play about 3 characters.

Instead of moaning about how unfair the competition is why don't you just get better Adz eh? :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Chris [BEANS];25993313 said:
Shots fired!!

Nah Adz knows I'm just playing, I'd love an offline tourney. MBA have a get together this Saturday but Im going to a Birthday Party to play with My Little Pony Dolls

Associate
Chris [BEANS];25992661 said:
So when and where is the OcUK SSFIV:AE meet up then boys??

;)

Currently it's on every Wednesday 7pm at the Penny Whistle Pub, Northampton, NN1 4AE.

Well, it probably has the largest gathering of OCUK SF4 players at any one time.

Soldato
Instead of moaning about how unfair the competition is why don't you just get better Adz eh? :p

Do you remember the tourney we had where we had to use 2 or 3 different characters? That went great!!

Rob, I guess it was a bad idea trying Akuma against you if that's the regular sparring you get? I'll remember that for if we meet again. ;) Seriously though, I remember playing you ages ago and you've probably improved the most out of everyone.

Back
Top Bottom