Traded the XF in and got an ....?

Associate
Lovely car :) I have been trying to decide on a new fast sedan for a while now, and think I will end up with the XJ L Portfolio, as I can grab a 2 year old one with 3 years of warranty left, which wouldn't be the case on an E63 or RS6...

My question (probably aimed at Jonnycoupe) would be 5.0 or 5.0 SC.. ?

I am sure the power of the Non-SC is more than enough for everyday use, but does the non-SC sound almost as epic as the SC? The SC here also comes with additional Active Diff Control, RSE and CF interior none of which the standard Portfolio has, two of which options I would be happy to have. Have you driven both? Should I hold out for the SC?

cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Lovely car :) I have been trying to decide on a new fast sedan for a while now, and think I will end up with the XJ L Portfolio, as I can grab a 2 year old one with 3 years of warranty left, which wouldn't be the case on an E63 or RS6...

My question (probably aimed at Jonnycoupe) would be 5.0 or 5.0 SC.. ?

I am sure the power of the Non-SC is more than enough for everyday use, but does the non-SC sound almost as epic as the SC? The SC here also comes with additional Active Diff Control, RSE and CF interior none of which the standard Portfolio has, two of which options I would be happy to have. Have you driven both? Should I hold out for the SC?

cheers

Based on where you are and the extras you want I would certainly be getting the SC version.

Soldato
Ive only drove petrol V8 XJ in SuperSport flavour. Retains the comedy speed and obviously feature rich so its got to the be best option.

The XK i drove with the 5.0 NA was arguably again a better 'road car' than the XKR and has a decent amount of drama as there is still something special about a NA engine. Not sure thats inline with what an XJ is about though and that SC engine is a real peach.

Also driven a 3.0 V6 China market car (old XF engine and a variant of the Cleveland built Ford unit) which wasnt bad at all so the 5.0 sits nicely between the two power outputs.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks guys, there are not that many XJs sold here (yet) so the pre-owned choice is fairly limited, opening up the search to all V8 Portfolios would likely help me find one in the colours I am after rather than it being a cost issue. But the options may sway the decision.

We get the 3.0 SC here but I may as well do it right and go for the V8 considering low fuel costs.. But in any case, ill drive both a bit closer to the time as I plan to switch in the Summer

Soldato
The new V6SC replaced the V8 NA but I think Id rather stick with the V8 plue let the depreciation work for you!

Guess you cant get the AWD in that market anyway which would be a reason to go with the V6SC. Do they offer the SuperSport, its the one to go for and you can pretend to be Clarkson and race the Sun.

Last edited:
Associate
Ahh ok, its different here..we get:

2.0L TC - Luxury
3.0L SC - Luxury or Premium Lux.
5.0L LWB - Portfolio
5.0L SC LWB- Portfolio
5.0L SC LWB SuperSport

The VB is only available LWB, the V6 can have either, and no AWD on any model.

They just started selling the XJR as well..

Back
Top Bottom