PAYG sim to keep hold of a particular number

Soldato
I've got a number on EE, the network i'm leaving, at the moment that I want to transfer to a PAYG sim so that i don't lose it if i need it in the future.

Is there a free sim I can get on another network that doesn't need much upkeep to keep the number active?

Associate
Giffgaff will probably be your best bet I would say, just give them your PAC code and the number gets transferred to their PAYG sim basically straight away. Just put a fiver credit in it and leave it.

Soldato
OP
Giffgaff will probably be your best bet I would say, just give them your PAC code and the number gets transferred to their PAYG sim basically straight away. Just put a fiver credit in it and leave it.

According to the Three call centre, Three Pay As You Go SIMs don't expire, even if you don't put in any credit.

Thanks to both of you :) I've just ordered a giff gaff sim. Even though I'm moving to three, I'm not overly keen on their customer service should anything go awry!

Associate
I was always told as long as the number was used now and again it would be ok, if it wasn't used for 6 months it then goes in to a pool on retention for a further 6 months and then it gets recycled.

I had this problem on a Vodafone PAYG sim that I have in my home alarm, the alarm hadn't been activated for over six months so no texts had been sent, I suddenly remembered after about 7 months I'd not sent it a text to check the status so it would send me back a text :(
I got the number back but it had indeed been put in the retention pool.

Back
Top Bottom