Door opening etiquette

Soldato
I just strike up inane conversations about building more doors so we can say yes an equal amount if times. I call for all doors to removed, or ask them about what they do, sometimes I talk about football, one time I touched someone inappropriately but the less said about that the better I feel.

Permabanned
That happened the other night, i was walking up the stairs at my train station carrying a box/package and without realizing my package was bumping this good looking girl in front of me on the bum. She didn't even say anything and even gave me a naughty smile and in hind sight i realized what happened. But didn't capitalize on it at the time.

Associate
That happened the other night, i was walking up the stairs at my train station carrying a box/package and without realizing my package was bumping this good looking girl in front of me on the bum. She didn't even say anything and even gave me a naughty smile and in hind sight i realized what happened. But didn't capitalize on it at the time.

:eek: ;)

Associate
Is there a door opening etiquette?

If one is opening the door for a noble gentleman, then one approaches the door making sure that one's sword scabbard is visible at all times so that the noble gentleman can be assured that your intentions are good. One opens the door with a flourish of one's hat and with a deep bow, exclaiming "my lord, I am unworthy to be opening this portal to one such as yourself" and one keeps one's eyes to the ground at all times.

For a noble lady, it is similar, but the sword and its scabbard must be concealed; in addition, one should divest oneself of one's cloak and lay it on the ground for the noble lady to tread upon.

If one maintains this basic etiquette, then the problem of repeated doors simply does not arise; one is carted off to the funny farm after the first door.

Soldato
I always wait till someone gets close to the security door, then push it close really quickly. I then flip them the bird and skip off to my desk, safe in the knowledge that the MD has no idea who I am.

Soldato
Practice your Call Of Duty covering moves and door entry tactics - You braces and open the door while the other chucks in a stun-grenade and heads in. They then gain a foothold on the next door while you approach, pull the next grenade from your belt and prepare for Immediate Action... If you kick the doors in often enough, management will eventually remove them or put automatic ones in.

Soldato
I have this issue in my office on occasion. I don't mind opening all doors, five in total I think on the way out/in the office. I find it annoying when someone knows I'm holding all doors open for them, but makes no attempt to keep up with me. When this occurs I increase my pace to a distance where it's safe to no longer hold the doors.

Back
Top Bottom