When Did Dentists Start Charging ?

Soldato
What annoys me is if I get a infection around my wisdom tooth, You have to pay a dentist to prescribe you antibiotics.

Its free at the doctors, so why should the dentist be any different.

The dentist isn't paid by the NHS in the way the doctor is, that's why.
You want it free, see your doctor, ask them for the correct antibiotics for your oral infection, they should be competent enough to know which one it is.

Soldato
The dentist isn't paid by the NHS in the way the doctor is, that's why.
You want it free, see your doctor, ask them for the correct antibiotics for your oral infection, they should be competent enough to know which one it is.

I quite have had a condition called is it periconitus? A few times. I know exactly how to deal with it now. Flood the area with corsodyl and a course of antibiotics. The only way to eliminate the problem is to remove the wisdom tooth but unless I suffer 3 times in 1 year the dentist won't refer me to the hospital.

If what you say is true, I'll try my GP next time. Thanks for the advice.

Associate

this worked for me when i ran out of antibiotics before the oral infection i had went away it was at xmas time years ago the dentists was closed so i went to my gp and they gave me more antibiotics

Soldato
All dentistry should be free. I am holding out getting 2 teeth replaced as I want ceramic implants. Metal in your body isn't a good idea. Your immune system attacks it.

No it doesn't, titanium works so well, as it integrates with bone, and isn't attacked by the immune system.
Immune system attacks most foreign bodies, including ceramics, which often are walled off following inflammatory processes, titanium is one of the exceptions.

Soldato
No NHS over here so I had to pay £200+ for three fillings the other week. It's expensive but the quality and service of the private dentist is leaps and bounds ahead of the free under 16's dentists I went to.

No NHS dental service in the Channel Islands? Or are all the NHS dentists full? I'm surprised by the former.

Permabanned
How many have had euro dentists? We had a shortage and no one could get a dentist. People used pliers and all sorts to get teeth out. So i finally found this Romanian bloke with UK staff who do the NHS here now and well he filed my back molars down without even giving me a warning of the side effects. Now i found out the protective coating is ruined and it will need crowns in a few years probably. TBH i am still ****ed i have to go back soon and im going to give him what for.

I wanted a half cracked tooth out on the side of my mouth also and he looked at me like i had 2 heads, No no tooth is good yes we keep tooth! So he filled that one in as well and i had to get it redone. Now its giving me toothache again. This is the third time this Romanian has had to do this one side tooth that cracked.

Last edited:
Soldato
Where do you live? Accurately?
He filed your back teeth for what purpose? Filed or filled?

Why on Earth would you return to someone whom you have no faith in?

Back
Top Bottom