Student perks?

Soldato
So I'll soon be officially leaving university for the third (and final!) time, PhD in hand. I'm wondering if there are any last minute (status lasts for a few months yet) student perks I can take advantage off. I've recently got a new rail card... anything else?

Permabanned
[FnG]magnolia;26031354 said:
I think the main student perk is that eventually you get to not be one anymore.

Delicious salary.

e: keep a record of your University's Apple HE store URL, or VPN details, they didn't kill my VPN login details until earlier this year and I graduated nearly 3 years ago now.

Soldato
I renewed my student card a few moths before graduation and the expiry date was well over a year after that, so I put it to good use. As said, above, software is the best though some employers do home use programs and software can be even cheaper e.g. I paid £15 for Office Pro suites (3 full licences).

Associate
1/3 off rail (and london tube) travel. Remember to renew your 16-25 card (available to you because you're a mature full time student) just before you graduate

And free cheese/hamburgers @ mcdonalds with any value meal

10% off topman if you're that way inclined

Soldato
I grabbed all the software keys from the student software portal that i could get. Until i started work and had an Ultimate MSDN subscription, which puts the student keys to no use :D.

Associate
If you have a low income (before you start your job) then apply for help with health costs HC2 form, which lasts a year, giving you possible money off dentist visits and medicines and specs and wigs

Back
Top Bottom