Do spiders die when sucked up by the hoover?

Soldato
Take no chances.

I had to hoover a big one off the wall the other day and it took two attempts. The first time was with the hoover on quiet mode and the sod just shrugged and held on to the wall.
Flicked it on to full power and it still took a second to wrench it off. You should have seen him cling on! He seemed like a bit of a tough guy, so I left the hoover running for a minute and then gaffa taped the end of the pipe :D

Man of Honour
Never. And I mean EVER open the hoover to change the bag. Ypu will be faced with a colony of very annoyed spiders looking for revenge.

Associate
Bout an hour ago I went to the bathroom, after i lifted the toilet seat, I noticed a spider balancing precariously on the toilet water. Not being remotely bothered by spiders, i carefully rested a piece of cardboard beside the spider on the water and he jumped right on it straight away and then decided to take a rest on my arm for 20 minutes or so. I wonder how many of you would have hit the flush straight away lol. Dont see the problem with spiders, pretty cool creatures all things considered.

Associate
Bout an hour ago I went to the bathroom, after i lifted the toilet seat, I noticed a spider balancing precariously on the toilet water. Not being remotely bothered by spiders, i carefully rested a piece of cardboard beside the spider on the water and he jumped right on it straight away and then decided to take a rest on my arm for 20 minutes or so. I wonder how many of you would have hit the flush straight away lol. Dont see the problem with spiders, pretty cool creatures all things considered.

Personally I would have poo'd on its head

Man of Honour
My father kills hoovers for a living I shall ask him.

Ex's sister used to kill hoovers for years until she found out one golden droplet of information, you are supposed to empty them, she seriously thought that you used them until they stopped working then bought a new one.

The stupidest thing she ever came out with even makes that above look tame. She was seeing a friend of mine (until he got sick of her) anyway they called one night and we were talking in the kitchen. he said that she had found out why all the kids in the school local to her always have head lice. She said "it's because the school is next to an old pit" we were intrigued thinking maybe she would just say since the pit shut people just went all to hell when the jobs went, then she dropped the punch line.

"the miners all used to have nits" got us thinking she would come out with helmet sharing or something as the reason but it got worse. She said "the miners all had nits because nits come out of coal and the kids all keep getting them because the school is next to the old pit and there is still coal lying around"

My friend and I shed tears of laughter he didn't date her for very long :p

Soldato
No, spiders do not die when you hoover them. They will eventually find their way out of the hoover. They have an exoskeleton and go into a ball, they can take a lot of damage and still survive.

However If you are going to hoover them buy an attachment from the rainforest designed for catching spiders. You then empty that outside the window or something.

Associate
No, spiders do not die when you hoover them. They will eventually find their way out of the hoover. They have an exoskeleton and go into a ball, they can take a lot of damage and still survive.

However If you are going to hoover them buy an attachment from the rainforest designed for catching spiders. You then empty that outside the window or something.

Not when flicked with a shatterproof ruler........Splat.

Back
Top Bottom