My bitch is acting weird

Associate
OP
let's not sugar coat it.

OP is too self-absorbed to be a fit owner of any animal.

Who the hell are you to make such a judgement about me?

I love my dog more than anything in my life and I've loved, nurtured and cared for her since she was 8 weeks old all the way up to her 6th birthday without any problems.

If you think a dog owner that shows nothing but love and concern, exercises her daily and feeds her twice a day and has never hit her EVER is a bad owner then you're the one who's self-absorbed and dellusional not me.

Some people really ain't got a ****ing clue.

Do everyone a favour and go **** yourself.

Associate
OP
Do a search for "adaptil", supposed to be good for dog anxiety. Contains a hormone which relaxes them.
It worked for our idiot schnauzer.

Hey footman thanks a lot for the tip.

I'm gonna go down the vets today and grab a bottle of this stuff.

I'm certain this is some kind of anxiety issue.

Even from pup, she's always been a very emotional, timid kind of dog.

She was the last dog to be sold in the litter and I'm certain it's because the people who came to view the dogs noticed these traits in her. These traits do make the dog a little harder to care for than the average dog.

Associate
OP
You can be 'certain' after the blood work comes back clear

I'll have to get in touch with the PDSA and arrange some kind of funding for her to have a check up which isn't a quick process.

She has insurance but it's only for major operations or public liability. The excess on the policy excludes things such as blood work, check ups etc.

Adaptil will be my first port of call.

Soldato
I'll have to get in touch with the PDSA and arrange some kind of funding for her to have a check up which isn't a quick process.

She has insurance but it's only for major operations or public liability. The excess on the policy excludes things such as blood work, check ups etc.

Adaptil will be my first port of call.

With the PDSA, they can see her straight away, as long as you are eligible:

https://www.pdsa.org.uk/pdsa-vet-care/eligibility

Soldato
Im sure she is sorry for inconviencing you so much i mean who wouldnt be upset about being forced to live in some crap hole with someone who doesnt care after being in a loving home in the countryside?? I wonder what could be wrong with her. Honestly some people shouldnt have pets

this.

give her up to be re homed. you clearly dont know how to look after an animal...

the dog is not trying to annoy you!

:mad::mad:

Soldato
Who the hell are you to make such a judgement about me?

I love my dog more than anything in my life and I've loved, nurtured and cared for her since she was 8 weeks old all the way up to her 6th birthday without any problems.

If you think a dog owner that shows nothing but love and concern, exercises her daily and feeds her twice a day and has never hit her EVER is a bad owner then you're the one who's self-absorbed and dellusional not me.

Some people really ain't got a ****ing clue.

Do everyone a favour and go **** yourself.

lol.... change your tune now. you cba to walk her, you get annoyed when it lies at your feet....

how tiresome for you!

Associate
OP
Why does every thread have to end up with 2 ***** arguing & talking **** rather than the thread actually helping an OP out for once.

Turns out this forum seems to have attracted a new class of members since I was last here. Some sort of troll haven.

Anyway today I'm really pleased. I was on my way to the vets to buy some Adaptil (Anxiety spray) when I bumped into some local friends (whom my dog loves) as well as their dog and we all went to the field.

I went prepared with her favourite tennis ball as I was gonna try her again.

At first she refused to run for the ball which is what she's been doing a lot in the last month.

I think since she stopped running on the fields the anxiety has appeared in the last couple weeks because her excess energy wasn't being burned off. Walks just don't cut it with this breed.

With the extra people and another dog in the company she was overwhelmed with excitement which was great and she ran for the ball a good 100 times and absolutely loved the extra human and dog company!

I took the persons number down (the one with the dog) and we agreed to meet up regularly with the dogs now which is like a dream come true. It's just what she needs I think. Different people and dogs around her besides from just me in her face 24/7 - The funny thing is they'd been experiencing something similar with their dog and it was them that initiated the suggestion!

She's pretty much her old self again as we speak right now. She's scoffed all her dinner and is chilling in her basket where she should be...NOT under my feet amongst the computer cables as some stupid mugs here seem to think is "good" and "normal".

So the problem has all stemmed from her recent refusal to run on the fields. I know what started that too.

I just hope she doesn't slip back and refuse the running but it's a tough one if she does. You can take the horse to the water but you can't make em drink it!

Permabanned
Turns out this forum seems to have attracted a new class of members since I was last here. Some sort of troll haven.

Anyway today I'm really pleased. I was on my way to the vets to buy some Adaptil (Anxiety spray) when I bumped into some local friends (whom my dog loves) as well as their dog and we all went to the field.

I went prepared with her favourite tennis ball as I was gonna try her again.

At first she refused to run for the ball which is what she's been doing a lot in the last month.

I think since she stopped running on the fields the anxiety has appeared in the last couple weeks because her excess energy wasn't being burned off. Walks just don't cut it with this breed.

With the extra people and another dog in the company she was overwhelmed with excitement which was great and she ran for the ball a good 100 times and absolutely loved the extra human and dog company!

I took the persons number down (the one with the dog) and we agreed to meet up regularly with the dogs now which is like a dream come true. It's just what she needs I think. Different people and dogs around her besides from just me in her face 24/7 - The funny thing is they'd been experiencing something similar with their dog and it was them that initiated the suggestion!

She's pretty much her old self again as we speak right now. She's scoffed all her dinner and is chilling in her basket where she should be...NOT under my feet amongst the computer cables as some stupid mugs here seem to think is "good" and "normal".

So the problem has all stemmed from her recent refusal to run on the fields. I know what started that too.

I just hope she doesn't slip back and refuse the running but it's a tough one if she does. You can take the horse to the water but you can't make em drink it!

Trying to get off a hook arent we :mad:

Too late Mrs, judgement has been passed.

Permabanned
I think thats going to be a hard routine to keep but fair play if you manage it. Most people would not even think twice about throwing it out into the cold garden to howl until its last days. You keep saying the wrong things though lol when you say in her basket where she belongs. She will only be in the basket for a nap after that its back to follow the pack leader which dogs naturally do.

It will want to be in around the leads again the only way you are going to stop her is by making her afraid. Which probably confuses the poor thing as its just following its natural path in life to follow the pack and socialize. Toys are human inventions a dog plays with other dogs. Not to mention the huge communication part between dogs she probably never gets to do. Its sort of sad when you think about it. Have you thought about getting a rescue dog to keep her company? Thats what we did and then bought a pup so there is now a pack of three of them. Instead of me getting my own which i thought about i just bond with the pup at the start and then visit every week or so and it works out ok as i get followed everywhere and my peppered mince and potatoes is a favourite food for them lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom