HP Microserver+XPEnology

Soldato
OP
Associate
Yes if you read both threads.

Hi Deuse,

I was in the same position as you and had the 5 beta and done the first update to 4418 Update 1.

Was there some reason why you chose not to just do the same again to go up to 4458?

Is there some advantage to move over to gnoboot? I am not too technical with no pc background, so it would not be a step to take lightly. But if a little pain here makes life easier further down the line, I'll jump too.

Your thinking would be much appreciated.

Soldato
OP
Hi Deuse,

I was in the same position as you and had the 5 beta and done the first update to 4418 Update 1.

Was there some reason why you chose not to just do the same again to go up to 4458?

Is there some advantage to move over to gnoboot? I am not too technical with no pc background, so it would not be a step to take lightly. But if a little pain here makes life easier further down the line, I'll jump too.

Your thinking would be much appreciated.

I went the gnoboot way because I could install the update(4458) and then I could update
two packages one being video station. Now I can use the DS Video app on my phone to send films to my LG smart tv.

If I was you I would wait a bit to see if Trantor updates to 4458 ect. But don't forget you must always have a backup.

Associate
I went the gnoboot way because I could install the update(4458) and then I could update
two packages one being video station. Now I can use the DS Video app on my phone to send films to my LG smart tv.

If I was you I would wait a bit to see if Trantor updates to 4458 ect. But don't forget you must always have a backup.

Appreciate that. So, just by updating the software, it doesn't update the 'apps'.

I think I'll take your advice in that case and sit tight for now.

Associate
Updates for packages you have installed will show when there is a update. But packages on V4 may not work on V5.

Ah I see, thanks for the run down. I'm not really using any packages, so haven't had any issues of that sort. I'm using Plex, but not running the media manager on it.

I'm definitely going to stick with your good advice and sit tight until we have a 'trantor' release.

Associate
Hopefully you guys can help me out a bit here. My transfer speeds to and from my N54L are terrible. When copying files across the speeds hover around the 1-2 mb/s, so definitely frustarting when I've got quite a few photos and video files that take up a lot of room and it takes days to transfer it all. The main problem is accessing photo's on the server through photoshop and they take forever to load.

Wondering what could be causing these issues? The server is connected directly to my router (sky hub) via cat6 cable. I'm still really new to all this and have read this thread and many others on the xpenology forums but can't seem to locate the exact problem. There are a few other issues, like accessing the server outwith my home, but I'd like to get the speed issue resolved as it's driving me mad.

Associate
Hopefully you guys can help me out a bit here. My transfer speeds to and from my N54L are terrible. When copying files across the speeds hover around the 1-2 mb/s, ...

Wondering what could be causing these issues? The server is connected directly to my router (sky hub) via cat6 cable. ...

That speed seems very low, double check the XPEnology's network port is connecting at 1Gb and not 100Mb - Control Panel->Network->Network Interface - Network Status. I'm new to this hardware and software too and had a slow connection, turns out my "Cat6" cable will only connect at 100Mbit - new cable time.

Soldato
OP
Hopefully you guys can help me out a bit here. My transfer speeds to and from my N54L are terrible. When copying files across the speeds hover around the 1-2 mb/s, so definitely frustarting when I've got quite a few photos and video files that take up a lot of room and it takes days to transfer it all. The main problem is accessing photo's on the server through photoshop and they take forever to load.

Wondering what could be causing these issues? The server is connected directly to my router (sky hub) via cat6 cable. I'm still really new to all this and have read this thread and many others on the xpenology forums but can't seem to locate the exact problem. There are a few other issues, like accessing the server outwith my home, but I'd like to get the speed issue resolved as it's driving me mad.

What version do you have installed? and is this a fresh install or a update?

Soldato
Gah been trying to figure this out for the past hour now, where is the vendor file located for when I run xpenology from under ESXi :(

When i was testing Xpenology under Virtualbox, I had to mount the sdr1 partition (assuming it'd be the same on your installation); then it was the case of copying the 'vender' file, making the changes, coping it back and rebooting.

Soldato
idiot moment here, where did you find the partition?

You need to SSH into Xpenology (enable it within DSM) and login using root and your password.
Once connected, use fdisk -l to list your drives and partitions and mount (partition) (directory) to mount the partition.

Then use WinSCP (again login using root), or similar, for copying/uploading the 'vender' file.

As said, I found the /dev/sdr1/ partition contained the 'vender' file although it might be different on your install.

Associate
You need to SSH into Xpenology (enable it within DSM) and login using root and your password.
Once connected, use fdisk -l to list your drives and partitions and mount (partition) (directory) to mount the partition.

Then use WinSCP (again login using root), or similar, for copying/uploading the 'vender' file.

As said, I found the /dev/sdr1/ partition contained the 'vender' file although it might be different on your install.

I still cant get it to mount :(

Back
Top Bottom