Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Associate
Errr

"You can supercharge your speed from up to 60Mb broadband to up to 100Mb broadband between January 2015 and June 2015".

Last time I checked my account it said I was eligible for a free upgrade between June - Sept 2014.

So new customers signing up get options of 50/100/152 for the flat, but I'm stuck on 60. This is annoying, anything I can do about this?

Soldato
Errr

"You can supercharge your speed from up to 60Mb broadband to up to 100Mb broadband between January 2015 and June 2015".

Last time I checked my account it said I was eligible for a free upgrade between June - Sept 2014.

So new customers signing up get options of 50/100/152 for the flat, but I'm stuck on 60. This is annoying, anything I can do about this?

Give customer services a call and they'll upgrade you now.

Soldato
After calling virgin and having myself upgraded, which was fine.

I now have 7-8Mbs down and around 12 up. Somethings fishy. Have an engineer booked for Saturday, even when the computer was connected with the external IP straight through. Hopefully they'll find something.

Soldato
I've been supercharged to 152mb according to an email this morning and the online account. Still sitting around 110mb - 113mb which is actually slower than what I was getting before on my 120mb connection. I'm going to check it again tomorrow at non peak time to see if it improves.

SH1 modem mode running to a Linksys E4200

Associate
I've been supercharged to 152mb according to an email this morning and the online account. Still sitting around 110mb - 113mb which is actually slower than what I was getting before on my 120mb connection. I'm going to check it again tomorrow at non peak time to see if it improves.

SH1 modem mode running to a Linksys E4200

If you're running at consistantly lower speeds than prior to the upgrade, they've probably managed to lock some of your channels by accident, I had the same problem when going from 100mb, the upload was still stuck at 3, they managed to fix it over the phone.

Associate
Finally exchanged on house. Moving in on Monday. Time to sort stuff out.

A question that perhaps you wizards can help me with. Previous owner of the house has Virgin, so everything should be installed already. Now, I am thinking of going via Quidco to get some cashback. Here is one of their deals I am considering:

The Essential Collection - Just £15 a month for 6 months + £160 cashback

The problem is that I would like to have slightly faster speeds so that I can (if I want to) do some Twitch streaming.

Here is my question: If I modify the Quidco deal in the sense that I up the broadband from M to L, will that void, or in any other way cancel, the deal?

I have very limited experience with Quidco (only used them once, years ago) so would appreciate any help here.

Last edited:
Soldato
Same Happened for me, 5 minutes after the call i was at 135~. Before was a pretty constant 120Mbs.

It evenually decreased to 70-80. So i replaced the router thinking it was dodgy. Now it is currently at 7-10Mbs. Something has gone wrong somewhere. Upload speed has always been fine.

Associate
Same Happened for me, 5 minutes after the call i was at 135~. Before was a pretty constant 120Mbs.

It evenually decreased to 70-80. So i replaced the router thinking it was dodgy. Now it is currently at 7-10Mbs. Something has gone wrong somewhere. Upload speed has always been fine.

I thought it was maybe because I have the SH1 in modem mode into a TP-Link Router, but it shouldn't be an issue.

I'll maybe call tonight and ask for the SH2 to be sent out.

Associate
we got our upgrade yesterday,was Dazed and Confused as we was told between august-december ?

for those who just got their upgrade they would need to do a router reboot
anyway we happy as we are getting a bit more than 152mb/s . we are getting over 160 ,but during this test we got 2 desktop pc's and 2 wireless laptops going
so 159.37mb/s is very good :):):)

3399924938.png

Soldato
If you're running at consistantly lower speeds than prior to the upgrade, they've probably managed to lock some of your channels by accident, I had the same problem when going from 100mb, the upload was still stuck at 3, they managed to fix it over the phone.

Aye he did something anyway.

3400001545.png

Soldato
Hi Guys,

New house purchased means (be a while yet before I move) I might be moving back to Virgin Media, which says I'm available for 152mb.

What's the upload speed for this package? Is it reliable or is it still area by area (why I originally left)

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom