Project Parvum s2.0 : DrakanX1

Associate
OP
Another red & black S2?? This is great stuff!!

My only issue is the dust, cannot get decent fitting filters, but this wouldn't stop me getting one :D

Nice build & looking forward to more pics!

cheers bud yes agree there with filters but there are ways round it, i just got some akasa filters and they seem to fit ok, and dont seem to spoil the look either, well to me they dont.:)

i like how you did you build i was stalking it :D how are your temps with the h100i, i see you got davido to do your sleeving, ive just done mine the other day, took a few days to do but MDPC looks really nice :)

Soldato
cheers bud yes agree there with filters but there are ways round it, i just got some akasa filters and they seem to fit ok, and dont seem to spoil the look either, well to me they dont.:)

i like how you did you build i was stalking it :D how are your temps with the h100i, i see you got davido to do your sleeving, ive just done mine the other day, took a few days to do but MDPC looks really nice :)

Thanks!

Temps on the H100i are mint! 25-30 idle and 50-60 under load. That is using a custom fan profile which changes the fan RPM based on the coolant temp, not the CPU temp. It keeps is quieter!

Associate
OP
Thanks!

Temps on the H100i are mint! 25-30 idle and 50-60 under load. That is using a custom fan profile which changes the fan RPM based on the coolant temp, not the CPU temp. It keeps is quieter!

does that make a difference that way then, is that done via the link software, you will have to tell me how you did it as never had a h100i before :o

Associate
This looks awesome, I want more pictures!

Hoping you might be able to answer a question as I'm planning on buying this case, do you know if it will fit a Noctua NH-D14 cpu cooler (- Dimensions(with fans): 160 x 140 x 158mm ( H x W x D)), and a 12 inch long graphics card?

My google fu is clearly weak as I've searched but can't find specifications on what will/won't fit. Don't worry if you're not sure and can't be bothered measuring :p

Soldato

Hoping you might be able to answer a question as I'm planning on buying this case, do you know if it will fit a Noctua NH-D14 cpu cooler (- Dimensions(with fans): 160 x 140 x 158mm ( H x W x D)), and a 12 inch long graphics card?

My google fu is clearly weak as I've searched but can't find specifications on what will/won't fit. Don't worry if you're not sure and can't be bothered measuring :p

I'm pretty sure it will, but wouldn't recommend it. I've seen the K2 cooler in one of these, so you "should" be fine. Saying that though, you'd really want a closed loop cooler to show off it's beauty!! Hellalot of metal in the window with one of them.

@paulm71 - regarding your dust filters, they seem like a solid choice. I may pick some up for my H100i as I've butchered some 120mm DemciFlex filters for the front of the case by cutting out the filter and fitting between the 2 front acrylic panels! Works a treat!

Last edited:
Associate
OP

just measured and from M/B tray to front edge its 178mm but then you have to take off length of M/B stand-offs plus thickness of M/B so although it might be tight i think you might be ok but def check out from someone else who has the case but the G/Card is not a prob.
its a great case by the way and well made, and thanks for the nice comment.:D

Associate
I'm pretty sure it will, but wouldn't recommend it. I've seen the K2 cooler in one of these, so you "should" be fine. Saying that though, you'd really want a closed loop cooler to show off it's beauty!! Hellalot of metal in the window with one of them.

@paulm71 - regarding your dust filters, they seem like a solid choice. I may pick some up for my H100i as I've butchered some 120mm DemciFlex filters for the front of the case by cutting out the filter and fitting between the 2 front acrylic panels! Works a treat!

just measured and from M/B tray to front edge its 178mm but then you have to take off length of M/B stand-offs plus thickness of M/B so although it might be tight i think you might be ok but def check out from someone else who has the case but the G/Card is not a prob.
its a great case by the way and well made, and thanks for the nice comment.:D

Thanks both. Reason I'm set on the D14 currently is it's in my current setup so was hoping to reuse it.
Would be a shame to not show off the inners a bit more though, so if it doesn't fit it isn't the end of the world :p

Associate
OP
Thanks both. Reason I'm set on the D14 currently is it's in my current setup so was hoping to reuse it.
Would be a shame to not show off the inners a bit more though, so if it doesn't fit it isn't the end of the world :p

i think it will spoil the inners of the case, as snips86x said they are really a water cooled case but you could use it until the funds are there to upgrade to full loop or AIO, im only going for a H100i but will def do a full loop in future as the build is costing a mint and i need to get it up and running first before i think that way ahead.:)

Associate
OP
new parts arrive.

at last i had some parts turn up so i could put in the case instead of it looking empty, ive decided to get the PC to a stable state, and even though im only putting in a corsair H100i, ive decided to save up to get a full loop, off which i will get over the next month or two and this is what ive got it down to, please give advice if you think there is something else i can go for as this will be my first loop.

YOUR BASKET
1 x EK Water Blocks EK-DDC 3.2 PWM X-RES 140 £99.95
1 x XSPC Razor GTX Titan / 780 / 780Ti GPU Waterblock £94.99
1 x Hardware Labs Black ICE Radiator SR1 240 £55.98
1 x EK Water Blocks EK-Supremacy - Nickel £52.99
2 x XSPC EX240 120mm Radiator - Black £37.99 (£75.98)
2 x Monsoon 13/10mm (ID 3/8 OD 1/2) Free Center Compression Fitting Six Pack - Red £27.95 (£55.90)
1 x XSPC Razor GTX Titan / 780 / 780Ti / 770 Backplate £24.98
1 x Mayhems Aurora - Supernova Clear Coolant 1L £14.99
1 x Mayhems Ultra Pure H2O 5Ltr £12.95
1 x XSPC EC6 Coolant Clear UV £8.99
1 x Monsoon 13/10mm (OD 1/2) Rotary 45° - Red £6.95
1 x EK Water Blocks EK-CSQ Adapter 90° G1/4 Black Nickel £6.95
1 x Monsoon 13/10mm (OD 1/2) Rotary 90° - Red £6.49
1 x Primochill Primoflex Advanced Tubing 13/10 - Clear £5.99
1 x Aqua Computer Ball Valve Female Thread G 1/4 without Fittings £5.99
1 x Bitspower Adapter 2x 1/4 inch - blood red £4.99
1 x Bitspower G1/4" Low-Profile Stop Fitting with O-ring - Deep Blood Red Finish £3.98
Total : £548.64 (includes shipping : £8.00).

:D

ok this is what arrived today

33f461k.jpg

not to forget the haribo's
2wez5va.jpg

tested the Enermax silience fans they look good in the case and there are quiet as tested to make sure they worked.
2qmmej8.jpg

also just a pic to show the akasa fan filters,
4lq81i.jpg

6ga2e0.jpg

will update as more parts arrive. :D

Associate
OP
update:
Had problems with fitting the Enermax 80mm fans as the spacing of the mount holes where 2mm difference to that of the case, not the case fault but the fans themselves as there 82mm not 80mm so bare that in mind if you get them but they are really quiet. Anyway got the drill out and modded the holes up 2mm, took 5 secs to do.:D
2h3bdyp.jpg

j6sj9h.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I can't wait for it to arrive. It's supposed to be arriving today, so if that's the case I may have some photos on here later on tonight *fingers crossed* :)

cool, interested in the logo as i know what the boys can do, will prob take mine down as i was thinking of some sort of logo on the front or top.

Associate
cool, interested in the logo as i know what the boys can do, will prob take mine down as i was thinking of some sort of logo on the front or top.

From what they've told me I think it's going to look really smart. Rather than try and explain it, I'm going to let the pictures do the talking when I have the case :D

noj

noj

Associate
that's a sweet looking case and those fans are tasty too!

really nice look to it so far....more pics please! :)

Back
Top Bottom