***The Official LG Optimus G2 Thread***

Soldato
It's running smooth but not as fast or fluid as the Nexus 5.

The annoying micro stutters when going in and out of apps have disappeared and Chrome is easier to use.

However the SQ when playing music has degraded a tad and is one of the issues that LG need to address in their next update.

Overall I'm impressed but it still isn't up to the N5 standard however battery life on this device is a godsend.

How's your Note III running with KitKat?
Was going to get the device but will wait for the Note IV instead.

Aleast there was an improvement - good stiff.

The KK update on the Note is very minimal. White icons and the a few new animations and font size tweaks. Very minor IME and the performance is maybe a touch improved.

Soldato
Are you talking about sound quality through the speakers? And did you get the update over the air or did you flash it?

Am talking about sound through the headphones as there's some hissing in the background that wasn't there on 4.2.2

Got the update via OTA as my G2 was bought via Amazon.de

Aleast there was an improvement - good stiff.

The KK update on the Note is very minimal. White icons and the a few new animations and font size tweaks. Very minor IME and the performance is maybe a touch improved.

Yes Mate, but the G2 doesn't hold a candle to the buttery smoothness of the N5 as it's still kind of slow compared to it.

At least Samsung didn't go to town with the update and add a slew of extras to it. The Note 3 is a beast of a phone and is only better with KK.

Soldato
Am really liking how 4.4.2 is running on the G2. I'm really impressed with this phone all the little niggles the phone had during my first stint of owning the phone have been ironed out.

So much so that the N5 has been relegated to the sock drawer...lol

Soldato
Nice, £300 now at amazon too.

That's probably for the 16Gb version right? But still a bargain...brings it inline with the Moto X.

EDIT....Just checked...yep 16Gb...what with Amazon's excellent returns policy that's very tempting.

Good find Mate!

Last edited:
Soldato
OK, I have a quick G2 question regarding the Guest account.

I have a 4 1/2 year old girl who likes to play Peppa Pig games on my phone. I've set the guest account up so she can access just the stuff that I want her to access, but I can't seem to get all 5 PPig apps showing on the guest home screen. I can get 2 or 3, but that's about it. I'm supposed to be able to chose up to 30 apps to display.

Can anyone shed any light on that for me?

Soldato
OK, I have a quick G2 question regarding the Guest account.

I have a 4 1/2 year old girl who likes to play Peppa Pig games on my phone. I've set the guest account up so she can access just the stuff that I want her to access, but I can't seem to get all 5 PPig apps showing on the guest home screen. I can get 2 or 3, but that's about it. I'm supposed to be able to chose up to 30 apps to display.

Can anyone shed any light on that for me?

mine has three 'home' screens for guest mode. for example have added 9 apps to guest mode and see them all on the middle one, maybe it's moved off to one of the side ones? Doesn't seem to be possible to move them between screens which is a bit silly..

Soldato
I bought my D802 32GB (import but stock in UK) on ebay last week and got the 4.4.2 OTA update as soon as I checked for updates.
Software version is D80220a-466-92

(network is 3)

Soldato
Questions:
Love the phone, HATE what they did to the software
Can i get stock andrios 4.4.2 on it easily and if i do will it all work ok
Question 2:
Where can i get the 32gb one

Soldato
Am downloading KitKat on my EE G2 as I type this.

I just ran a check for software updates and one is available, (kitkat?) 520mb

So what is the best way to install this, ie do you need to do a factory reset afterwards, will the present installed app work ok afterwards (without factory reset)...?

Back
Top Bottom