Double Bed recommendations?

Soldato
Perhaps an obscure question!

I am after recommendations for a Double Bed (Frame/Shell). I've previously nearly purchased one from Homebase (Millard Double), but was put off due to the reviews advising of poor build quality and assembly not possible.

Similarly, Next had one which had reviews advising that the bed creaked and groaned with just 1 85KG person on it, let alone two.

Just after something that is fairly minimalist, yet modern/stylish (Black, Beech or Chrome). Storage within is not needed, but a fairly token-gesture of a headboard would be preferred. Build quality and being rock-solid is a must.

Has anyone recently outfitted a bedroom and able to offer suitable suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Caporegime
Find a local independent. I bought mine from one and paid £700 for a mattress and frame (king size) and the quality is second to none also it's such a pleasure to sleep on. :)

Associate
My current bed is from these https://www.warrenevans.com/

Was really pleased and they were a good company to deal with too :)

Me and the misses bought one of their platform beds which is basically this without the headboard.

Likewise we found them very good to deal with and the bed frame is incredibly solid. The delivery guys carried it in and had it assembled in minutes.

Have to say I really like this one if I was buying a new bed now (can't see that needing to happen for many years considering how solid the current frame is), though the height of the former is useful for sliding stuff underneath.

Incidentally we've had ours 4 years now and it's still as rigid as the day it was delivered, not even had to tighten anything.
I'd recommend seeing if there's a store near you and going and kicking the tyres on their frames so you can see just how sturdy they are.

Last edited:
Soldato
Definitely go and look at one in person before buying. In the end I went with a local company, very high quality, no squeaks or creaks, easy to put together etc..

Soldato
OP
Who buys beds from Next or Homebase?

Literally the last places I would even think of :confused:

Thanks!

Both of the stores seemed decent (or at least, the prices implied that their products would be decent). However, reviews revealed much unhappiness - or simply that the beds were for kids and not adults.

Soldato
The Mrs picked our new spare bed from from Feather & Black. The build quality is very good, and 10% Quidco on an already very fair price.

Delivery was suited to us and they brought up three flights of stairs.

Soldato
Get a divan with a headboard, most solid bed you'll ever have.

Seriously you could have a entire rugby team in a furious man train on a divan and not a single squeak would be made (by the bed at least).

Back
Top Bottom