Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
Not too shabby.

3402902038.png

Caporegime
What is the deal these days with Virgin throttling/managing P2P/Newsgroup traffic during peak times?

I understand they have abolished download speed limiting but do they still slow down those services during peak times?

Associate
just rang virgin because i got the email saying id been upgraded to 152 mb, rebooted the modem and got awful speeds average 25mb.
she said they were doing work to upgrade the service because of high demand in my area and they would be at least another 15 days,to which i gave her my thoughts on that,to which she said i wouldn't be charged for the next 15 days,will check back in 15 days and if no improvement i won't be so kind.

Associate
Took out virgin xl offer half price for 6 months. Had it installed on Saturday 29th March then find that as of 1st April they have it on offer for 12months!! Gutted.

Phone them up you well within your rights to cancel within 7Days, When they ask why you tell them about the offer and they should put you on new one you don't get anything from virgin unless you ask!!

Soldato
Phone them up you well within your rights to cancel within 7Days, When they ask why you tell them about the offer and they should put you on new one you don't get anything from virgin unless you ask!!

Already have. Was told that there was nothing they could do about it (BS!). I can indeed cancel in my cool off period and the Customer Support guy said in so many words that maybe I should cancel and get another person in the household to take out another contract with the 12 months offer (as I myself cannot just cancel then take another contract out straight away).

Alas, my GF has poor credit rating and I wouldn't want to run the risk of being denied VM altogether. Frustrating indeed!

Soldato
120mb - very happy never have any problem for 2 years with virgin media. alway get that speed no matter what time and what day of week

3418088308.png

Back
Top Bottom