What do you guys do with your weekends?

Man of Honour
See friends both locally and further afield.
Go into town.
Do some chores or DIY.
Relax (read a book, play some games, watch a movie, etc...)
Go for a walk.
Go to see our parents.
Do some exercise.
Go to parties.
Do some activities that we've found deals on.
Weekend break elsewhere.

Permabanned
The girlfriend has been working weekend shifts at the hospital, so at the minute, we've not been doing much. When she's rotated though we tend to walk the dog, visit friends and family or go to the road races. Cookstown 100 and Tandragee 100 are this month and next month, so we'll be at those, then there's the NW200. We would be going to the IOMTT but she's back on rotation.

Soldato
Work, wakeboard, and spend time with my friends.

I only ever have one of the days off, max, so I don't waste it doing anything that could be construed as a chore or a job, I do them on my day off in the week (like today) because I'm on my todd.

Soldato
Dogging mostly.

But no, on a quiet "nothing out of the usual" weekend?

Usually I go out for dinner Friday with some friends, then to the pub/ gig/ pool hall for a good old session.

Saturday morning I go out for breakfast then I work on my car, sweat out last nights atrocities, afternoon will be something cooking related - prepping for having friends over, or I'll pop out and see parents/ meet friends for coffee. Saturday evening is a meal with family and friends followed by something - films, bowling, pub, pool etc.

Sunday is fry up day, spend the morning vegging out watching trash, eating fried things and pasty with numerous strong coffees. Might do a bit more work on the car, afternoon will be Sunday lunch with friends or family, evening? Probably pub or a nice long drive, unless I'm particularly knackered in which case I'll put music on and read for a bit.

But I try to do something different on weekends so that's probably only every other weekend. Friday used to be band practise day so that was "Eat a burger then jam for about 5 hours before going to the pub and getting royally arseholed"

Associate
You sound similar to the Girldriend and I, anti kids and all (i hate them, she ignores them) :)

We try and get away at least one weekend a month to somewhere in the UK that we haven't been, some are successful some are not. Plus we trying to get a long weekend in Europe, done Berlin, Talinn and Paris (again) so far this year. That can get expensive tough. Might only get to do 6 of these :)

We also buy the activities from Group-on or equivalents, we have done rock climbing, pot holing, owl sanctuary, tandem sky dive, wake boarding and many others.

We have at least 1 weekend a month where we do absolutely nothing, just chill catch up on books, TV whatever really.

Fit in nights out with friends and other event (weddings, balls etc) that we get roped into it means most weekends are busy. So much so I have pretty much stopped playing football now.

Soldato
Try and find a hobby (not sex) that both of you can enjoy and do together it might be something indoors or outdoors.

Learn to play a musical instrument or one can play the other sing. Learn to paint (not naked) etc.....

Just some ideas.

Soldato
The 30000000 house chores to do
The 30000000 DIy chores to do
Sports (that means Im outside not indoors)
Beach
Walking
Camping
Picnics
Pub (beer garden FTW!!!)
to name but a few

The most important one there being the BEACH. It doens't always envolve sun bathing (it rarely envolves that unless im abroad) BBQ's, cliff diving/jumping, football (sport) etc)

To be honest OP, you sound boring :D

Soldato
Garden
DIY
Cook nice food
See friends
See family
Visit a museum
Go for a meal
Exercise
Hobbies / gaming
Watch films and Boxsets
Visit a national trust / historical site
Go out for Lunch

I could go on forever, I don't understand how anyone could not know what to do at the weekend, there just isn't enough time to do all the things we want.

Back
Top Bottom