Life without Breaking Bad

Soldato
Just watched the last episode. Now what?

What comes close to this that we can start watching? Thanks to the people who recommended BB to us, was amazing!

Anything on Netflix or Lovefilm worth getting into that will grip you like BB?

Permabanned
Ha. I only just started Breaking Bad last week with the girlfriend. We're half way through season 2 at the minute. To be honest, it's the only TV show I've had a hankering to watch. Game of Thrones I'm not touching until I've read all the books.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Game of Thrones I'm not touching until I've read all the books.

Books are far better. But the shows good as well. Think of it as the same story but in an alternate reality. A bit like how the Harry Potter movies tell the same kind of story as the books, but they aren't identical.

Soldato
I'm not starting GoT on TV until he finishes the books, I'd hate to get really into it and then have to wait for the finish or see it limp over the finish line because he never finished writing them and the final episodes end up being written by someone else.

Permabanned
Books are far better. But the shows good as well. Think of it as the same story but in an alternate reality. A bit like how the Harry Potter movies tell the same kind of story as the books, but they aren't identical.

I know. Started ASOIAF in the 90s. 5 / 6 years between some books was ridiculous. I've decided not to read anymore until he finishes the bloody thing. Then I'll read them all through from start (again) to finish (if he ever manages it at this rate). With the TV show though, he's probably hammering the last two books out now. Contractual obligations and all that.

Soldato
OP
Prison break 1-2 was good, watched them as they aired. Stopped watching at 3 when it was pure drivel.

Game of Thrones matches BB for me. I am going to try not watch it till the last episode of this season so i can watch them all together.

Will read up on the others that have been recommended. Thanks :)

Associate
Sopranos and The Wire are the only other 2 shows with Breaking bad in the god tier.

Sons of anarchy is very good but not quite in the god tier.

Permabanned
I got to the final season of the Sopranos last year and just stopped watching. I still haven't bothered going to watch it and I have no desire to either. No idea why. The Wire was great though.

Soldato
I watched the first few episodes of Sons of Anarchy, and just found it unbelievably dull. Does it get better?

Personally, no.

We quite enjoyed the first 2 series i think, but just stopped watching it, we'd sit down and watch an episode and then do something else.

We moved onto House of Cards and now Homeland and we end up watching 3 a night and staying up later than we wanted, which to me is the indication of a good series.

Back
Top Bottom